Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Ghosts of Unfinished Projects Past

I'm not sure what possessed me, a bit of a committment-phobe, to start a blog. I'm completely new to the whole world of blogging (I've always been a late bloomer) and I suppose I got excited and overeager and decided to just dive in headfirst...Yay! Look at me...I'm blogging! I can write anything I want! Take that you hideous high school English teacher nazis! Ha ha! I'm such a grammar rebel! I'm narcicistic and it's not only perfectly acceptable, its the whole point! What's more, I'm running with scissors as I write this! Ha!


Then the panic set in. You know the panic. That lovely paralysis (probably caused by running with scissors) that renders you incapable of uttering (or writing- its an equal opportunity paralysis) a single word. Except maybe HA!, just because, well its fun to write if you imagine it read in some over the top I-caught-you kind of voice that your mother sometimes used.


I recalled the 5 incomplete diaries crying forlornly on my shelf, or perhaps under the bed, or wherever the hell they may be; the unsent holiday cards....from last year; the numerous e-mails I have yet to respond to lost somewhere in the black hole of my inbox (no, not that inbox you guttersnipe, you!). In fact the litany of abandoned half begun projects is too shameful to recite (and truth be told I couldn't remember most, until accidentally stumbling upon a knitting needle attached to a baby blanket for someone's now 5 year old newborn). Let's just say I can't even follow through with returning phone calls. So how can I ever hope to gain the coveted status of blogger?


I don't have an answer for that.


But for today, I'll post this rambling drivel and not allow the ghosts of unfinished projects past to stunt my growth as a person any longer!
HA! And I'm going to work out too damnit! And I walked past a cookie 10 minutes ago without shoveling it into my mouth! HA!


See? Blogging is empowering, even if I do hate writing and words and commitment.


HA! (okay, not funny anymore...I got carried away)

1 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne said...

I am going to the first person to comment on your blog! I thought that was you....how many other actresses living in NYC who speak French do I know? You ARE a good writer. :) I never knew that about you.

I highly recommend something really shitty happening to you in terms of sustaining a blog. Therefore...you should have no problems sustaining a blog.

December 30, 2004 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home