Saturday, January 08, 2005

Healthy Cheesecake and Evil itunes Messages from the Universe

This has been quite a week for me, full of the kind of conversations that stew somewhere in the back of my mind where I've tried in vain to push them over a non existant cliff never to be heard from again. These are the conversations which keep me awake at 4am, when I'm far too honest with myself to be able to push them back into a dark corner and merely roll over and fall asleep. The question of what do I want has been posed multiple times this week, by multiple individuals. Somehow this question has always been the hardest for me to answer, especially to myself. I think perhaps I am afraid to concretely state what I want because I'm too afraid of then not getting it and having to either abandon hope or settle, neither of which are very appealing options. I think I also have this ridiculous fear that if I commit to a statement of want I will be forever stuck with it, even if my wants and needs change. I am afraid of rejection and acceptance simultaneously...how the fuck do I untangle that one?

I want healthy cheesecake, and isn't it theoretically possible that this could exist?

It's too late an hour to blog about this, and I'm physically and emotionally exhausted; I don't want to write, I want to crawl into bed and have the good cry I stupidly won't allow myself to have.

Have I mentioned how much I despise PMS?

And once again (this always happens to me) the lyrics that just played from the random mix on my itunes are oddly in synch with what I'm writing: "I'm so tired, but I can't sleep. Standing on the edge of something much too deep. It's funny how we feel so much but cannot say a word. Though we are screaming inside, we can't be heard." Okay universe, I won;t let my life pass me by nor will I weep for memories, just let me get some fucking sleep.

Great, now it's playing Paul Westerberg "Your heart sends a feeling. It don't ache but baby it's gonna swing from the ceiling, break like a pinata. Break like a whitecap. In the sand you shiver, with eyes like two hubcaps at the bottom of the river." I think it's time to turn this stupid machine off and go knit or something. Blogger should block me from writing at 4am, is there a way to set that up?

6 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 08, 2005 11:20 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 08, 2005 11:29 AM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

Vixanne, I deleted the comments where the whole anonymity thing got compromised...but umm, it's actually pretty important to me that it remains anonymous, for a whole host of reasons (including the fact that I want to be able to talk about my trial and stuff). I'm not lecturing or upset or anything, but I just wanted to let you know that it is something really important, so please be careful. Thanks.

January 08, 2005 6:22 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Ooops. Okay Synge. I will be more careful in the future.

Sorry.

And they were such witty posts too.

January 08, 2005 10:31 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

You actually have some Paul Westerberg...how cool is that? I really like his low-fi take on "Nowhere Man," which I often listen to when feeling as you described. Which happens pretty often. Just some random associations that I thought of while reading your post:

I'm So Tired, Beatles (White Album)
I'm Only Sleeping, Beatles (Revolver)

I do believe there's a pattern there.

ps...I'm sure you'd like to know that Dr. Dan says he too is more of a John fan, himself...

January 09, 2005 6:13 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

kristoise and her self involved whineypants boyfriends...ah yes, i remember those days. so who would you cast me as kristoise?

remember when we all gave eachother theme songs? (though i think i need a new one...mine was "she works hard for the money" because of my full time job cocktailing until 3am and going to school full time- not really fitting anymore)

January 10, 2005 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home