Saturday, May 14, 2005

Brave Sir Robyn Ran Away...Bravely Ran Away Away

I just discovered I have wifi once again at home, and even stronger than the signal that had disappeared for several weeks forcing me to migrate to the East Village, free wifi mecca of the city. But the ability to mooch off of someone else's connection has blessedly returned to my happy home and I am once again connected. Thank you oh gods and goddesses of internet connectivity. I will blog more in your honor.

I discovered this because I am trying to stay awake and pull a fierce all-nighter in order to make a 7am flight out of JFK. Yes, I am thankfully running away for a week, to the breathtaking landscapes and incredible national parks of Utah. I am so ready for some centering nature time, and I'm one of the only people I know who actually greatly enjoys travelling with their parents. We generally have the same tastes in things and gravitate towards the same activities, and well, frankly, they're pretty damn cool and incredibly fun people to hang out with. Plus they're spoiling me and paying for it...otherwise there'd be no vacation for Synge.

I feel lighter already.

We're going to Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park, both of which I have not been to in my previous travels through the Southwest. I love that area of the country though; its inherently magical, though I can't at all say why.

The car service will be here in 5 minutes; I'd better pack up.

Yay! Travel! Hiking! More Hiking! And just when you think your ankles can take no more...even more hiking!

After that, I may go for a hike.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home