Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Case Dismissed

I had my very last court appearance today...as a defendant that is. I am happy to announce that my days of being regarded as a dangerous vehicular traffic blocker are officially over; my b.s. case has been dismissed and sealed due to a 30 day speedy trial rule. Yes, I know its been well over 30 days, but the clock stops every time someone sneezes, so it really doesn't ensure anything but an easy out for the prosecution if they do not want to pursue a case. And while I would have loved to have the giant fuck you! of a not guilty verdict, this has dragged on long enough and the dismissal will let me move onto my civil suit and the federal class action suit. The other good thing about this dismissal is that it allows me to include the charge of malicious prosecution in my civil suit, which is where my giant fuck you! will come into play.

I knew this morning that the DA's Office would concede 30/30 (that's my ultra hip lawyer lingo there), especially after the recent slew of negative press relating to the ongoing RNC cases, especially relating to video evidence being used to counter the prosecutions claims. We had video evidence from 3 different sources. Hmmm.

I have more links relating to all of this unnecessary nonsense, but will be late for the theatre if I don't run now. The big news is my criminal case is over and done with....and it's about freakin' time!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Swa said...

Good for you! One less headache on your plate....

May 05, 2005 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Synge! Now starts direct action! May the next time you get arrested be of your own choosing.

SGBx

May 08, 2005 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home