Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Blame Game


I have been wanting to write about Friday's date, New Year's Eve, and DH handing me back all of my toilettries from his bathroom (which I had not asked for) when I went to pick up the Code Pink things that were stored in his basement, but was prevented from doing so by gigantic keyboard eating monsters that followed me around because I smelled like soggy garbage. Also I was alternately drunk, cocooning, or wallowing in self pity. Tonight was supposed to be my golden opportunity, as I was at the sdj late (my stolen wifi at home has not been particularly reliable recently) and thus could catch up. Unfortunately, so was my supervisor, who just left, leaving me a whole 15 minutes or so in which to hastily whip together a post before heading off.

Heading off...for date #2 with the lawyer, henceforth known as B.B. King, because he is a Blue-Blooded veritable Indian prince (who thinks he's a king)...as he told me more than once throughout the evening. I am not impressed by the Rockefellers of India, I am far more impressed by intelligence and wit. He also showed me that his suit was Armani; he clearly did not know with whom he was dealing here.

Oh, and by the way, just guess whose firm is one of those defending the city in the RNC Arrests related lawsuits? I shit you not.

But he was a really good kisser.

There's also a question as to whether he's married or not. Yeah.

So I'm going out with him tonight, to hear Part Deux of his life saga, begun over many a cocktail last Friday night.

I have a gut feeling he's married.

This could be related to the fact that he mentioned something about a wife, and when I said "You mean ex-wife" his response was "We'll get to that part in the story." Hmm.

My guess is that he's married and slumming it in Bohemia...he kept saying what a free spirit I was. Yup, its like the reverse of "Uptown Girl"; big money hot shot lawyer having an artistic adventure. I can just imagine him telling his lawyer buddies excitedly that he saw his first genital piercing ever! Wow! And she had no idea what a Marc Jacobs dress looks like either!

Oh dear, did that sound jaded?

How do I keep finding such winners? I tell ya...I have a real talent for this.

[to be sung to the tune of The Muffin Man]
I'm off to see the married man, the married man, the married man. Oh I'm off to see the married man who lives in a house with a pool in Manhasset.

(If I didn't find a way to laugh, it'd be damn tragic.)

[editor's note: BB King has yet to see any piercings not normal exposed to public view. Just wanted to clarify this point. Also, I don't really know if he's married or not.]

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am confused - why are you going out with him again? You just wrote a post about how you don't like him, and he might be married.
If the milk is sour, throw it out, don't keep tasting it to see if it gets better.

January 05, 2006 1:22 PM  
Blogger CHANTEUSE said...

i must agree with eliza- you know my position on married men, and if you even THINK it may be true, you should probably not be kissing him again (let alone showing him your piercings). whether or not she owns a Marc Jacobs dress, his "possible" wife deserves your respect (even if he doesn't).

January 05, 2006 1:37 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

I also agree. Married = BAD.

Even if he is separated I would be hesitant to show him those piercings.

You are a beautiful, sexy and talented lady. You don't need to be some asswipe's excuse for getting a divorce. And that whole Armani bullshit. Who the fuck cares? Kick him to the curb.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

January 05, 2006 7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Eliza. I don't get why you're seeing him again if you don't like him.

January 06, 2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger laura said...

i hope you don't waste your time with this creep. i'm not one to be judgmental about married men - i must confess to two before i met justin - but he sounds like such a jerk anyway, and you deserve better than someone with divided loyalties, whether they be his wife or his material goods or his ego.

January 08, 2006 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home