Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Text Messaging It Like It Is


After not having spoken in a week, I called Doc Harley when I returned from my surprise trip to Chicago for Orphannie's 30th birthday (which wasn't exactly a surprise, but an amazing fabulous weekend nonethless...but that's for another post). I called just to make sure he was feeling okay; I was doggedly dragging along after one hour of sleep peppered with partygoers coming in to retrieve their coats (which had been moved to the living room) and was barely able to hold myself erect, much less carry on anything remotely resembling a conversation so it was quite short and sweet. Before hanging up, he said "I'll talk to you tomorrow. I'll be up around 10, give me a call.", to which I responded, "No, why don't you call me.", and he agreed to do just that. He actually said the words "Okay, I'll call you.". I heard them with my own two ears.

Of course he didn't call.

But he did text message me this morning, inane drivel about the hellishness of Penn Station amidst the strike and how the world had gone mad. He was at JFK, about to board a flight to L.A. for the weekend.

In that moment, something inside me just snapped for the final time. That's it, no more text messaging, no more easy way out. Its a cop-out and I'm tired of this bullshit. I'm just plain tired.

So I wrote back, because he was already on the flight by that time (the message was sent before I woke up), and said, "Txting has lost its novelty - its 4 people who don't wanna talk. Ring me sometime when u decide 2 have a conversation. Enjoy yor escape from the world gone mad."

If he ever calls, and I'm not holding my breath that it will be bofore he gets back from L.A....in fact I'm willing to bet on that.....I will tell him that I am not at all happy with the way things are and that we can certainly work to improve them, but in the meantime I want to see other people.

But no more text messaging!

2 Comments:

Blogger CHANTEUSE said...

you go girl! ( or, more realistically, since i really can not get away with such blatantly ethnic slang, 'i am proud of you, synge; it was great to see you this weekend, and seeing you so happy and adored {all of my friends here kept saying how cool they thought you are} made me even more sure of the fact that you should quickly rid yourself of anyone who does not realize what a 'catch' {aka. amazing woman} you are.'

so that's what my non-hip unconcious thinks. there.

(and it was so so so great to see you, by the way, and i am so glad that you now have a reference point for what my apartment looks like. you should, by all means, be the first...)

i love you.

December 22, 2005 1:47 AM  
Blogger CHANTEUSE said...

wow, drunk when i sent that last message...

but i meant it all, except the part about my 'un'concious; i think i must have been going for 'sub'concious, but even that doesn't make much sense. maybe i was just referncing the state i was about to enter, as i'm sure i was 'un'concious not long after i wrote that.

still love you though, and still proud of your strength.

December 22, 2005 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home