Sunday, January 09, 2005

Weekend Field Trip With the Good Folks at the NLG

Yesterday I took an exciting field trip to the offices of the New York City chapter of the National Lawyers' Guild, where I then spent a lifetime-length 5 hours watching several different videos of my unlawful arrest in an attempt to identify myself on tape. This task required super-sonic vision, and I unfortunately forgot my blurry video decoder ring and binoculars. Not that I am ungrateful for the wonderful NLG volunteers who were out in full force ensuring that there was ample video evidence of the man silencing dissent; I just wish they had better zoom lenses and that there wasn't some fat cop's ass in the way everytime the camera got anywhere near me. After replaying the tapes about 5000 times and in slow motion, I was finally able to identify myself in several different places. One of the times I was dancing, as I am apt to do when protesting (the drums just call to my arrhythmic inner idiot); whew, no wonder they arrested me, I look like I'm an escapee from the psych ward at Bellevue...who really had to pee...while having a violent seizure of some sort. While that may well be a usable tactic, I doubt very much its effectiveness.

Those lovely 5 hours of hell, akin to constant nails on chalkboard screeching sounds while watching my father chew with his mouth open making loud slurping sounds, were spent in preparation for my upcoming court battle. Yep, the people vs. Synge Bleu begins this coming Tuesday. The angels at the NLG feel that our particular arrest scenario is pretty cut and dry; this does seem to be the case when one looks at the video evidence. Let's see, there's a group of 65 or so very peaceful protesters marching (with the exception of one idiot psycho having a seizure) on the sidewalk (legal in NYC), then waiting silently in the street with hands extended in the air in peace signs while the cops ostensibly search for the promised route through to the mythical "free speech zone". Then suddenly the barricades, which were blocking off the street at both ends of the block thus making the charge of blocking vehicular traffic rather inapplicable, were moved and about 25 scooters with cops aboard them were driven into the street. In fact, it was so ridiculously obvious how we were entrapped that it made me absolutely speechless with rage.

I didn't realize how difficult it would be to watch these videos. Logically speaking, it makes no sense; not only is it not happening right now, but I'm standing up for what should be my constitutional rights (excuse me, privileges, according to Bloomberg) and fighting the bullshit charge in court. Nevertheless, it freaked my shit out!

Shit, my laundry's done!
(How's that for an ending?)

8 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne said...

Wow! That is so crazy. I still can't believe that this happened to you. I HATEEEEEEEEE George Bush with every fiber of my being. Blecccchhhhhhhh!

January 10, 2005 12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vix, you ARE the blogging queen! No sooner can I put something up then you're there reading and commenting... It's awesome.

January 10, 2005 12:30 AM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

Ooops, sorry that was me above. Not anonymous. Though I am anonymous, I mean through the blog and all.

Oh never mind.

January 10, 2005 12:31 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Ummmm....It probably just means that I live my life on the computer. It's sad, really. Now that I can't visit Babies R Us twelve times a day I have nothing to do with my life.

January 10, 2005 9:59 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Let's see...a bunch of malcontents go off at the 1968 DNC and the Chicago police take the blame. But New York's finest are now heroes for preserving the perfect Bush photo-op from folks who are in the right, both legally and morally? Think I'll listen to R.E.M.'s "The Final Straw" and just be melancholy about the whole thing. Not that I wouldn't be melancholy, anyway.

As Stipey sings, "who died and lifted you up to perfection?" It's no secret that he's writing about a certain elected official...

This is what happens...I "retire" from Kentucky politics and the pelicans take over the state. Might be time for a comeback. I think my friends might still need me.

Anway, good luck. "I think that you could be forgiven...think you should..."

January 10, 2005 10:56 AM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

orph- you don't necessarily have to go back into politics if you don't want to, though i'm sure you would do some good for the ultra-conservative state you live in. however, might i suggest that some well written letters or e-mails might just be a more productive way of dealing with your feelings of frustration? not that rem's not great too...but rather than wallow, you might want to use that energy in other ways, you know?

January 10, 2005 1:37 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

So very true. And thank you. I gave serious consideration before creating my online journal (ie blog...hate that word) to devoting the space to political commentary. We definitely need it here. We're down to one Dem in Congress (out of six seats), an Attorney General, and a down-ballot office or two (uh, that's campaign-speak for lowly offices...I still slip into the lexicon occasionally). "The parting on the left...is now a parting on the right." Time to get on my knees and pray...won't get fooled again...

Anyway, dinner tonight with a certain French-speaking, erotic, beautiful belly dancer was recompense enough...

January 10, 2005 8:04 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

ummm, orph? if you had dinner with a gorgeous sexy belly dancer (who i kissed on new year's...nannie nannie boo boo! now ain't ya sad you didn't come out to play? sorry, i figured i had to get a little ribbing in there) what the hell are you doing online right now mister?

where was dinner?

btw, glad you loved betty dylan...i didn't get a chance to comment on your blog (sorry, you hate that word) yet. they're cool. you should e-mail them. its funny, dr. dan calls every time they're gonna be in your town, and i keep telling him i live in nyc. i want copies of those cd's too!

btw, what finally clued you in to my secret identity? there were tons of clues all along you know.

January 10, 2005 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home