Friday, January 13, 2006

I Am Either the World's Largest Freak or Totally Adorable...I'll Even Settle for Both

Last night after a lovely and wonderful wine and cheese rescue by my knight in shining armor, Mr. Artsy Hotpants, I met My Little Vidipookikins, her boyfriend and her friend and co-worker for a drink before we all (minus Mah) headed down to UCB to see a late night show with the Comedic Chameleon and my improv teacher. I was just looking forward to a fun simple night with friends, and what I found was that most wonderous and thunderous of all the wild things; a new crush.

Just a teensy weensy harmless one, really.

In my defense, it totally snuck up on me. I certainly wasn't out to meet anyone, as I was feeling about as interesting as a lump of plastic fake vomit. But there he was, Professor Chin Face (christened thus due to the fact that he created an upside down chin face character for a project he and Vidipookikins are working on), being all funny and cute and weird and interesting. Anyone who does a silly upside down chin face for the internet wins big points in my book. (Yeah, okay, so I have slightly unusual criteria...I think that's already been established.) He and Vidipookikins' boyfriend got into a pile of discarded books and each walked away with thier various treasures they found, and he left one the books that were his pirate's booty outside of the bar we ended up going to, for someone else to find. Its the little things such as this which perk my interest and raise my antennae. He also had magnetic eyes, which I duly attempted to avoid all night, being the awkward lump of plastic fake vomit that I was that evening.

So today, despite having behaved as a total social neanderthal last night, I decided that I was just going to bite the bullet and ask this guy out. I mean why not? The worst he could do is say no, and this way I'm getting it out of the way early instead of feeling awkward and idiotic and just sitting around wondering if there's any way he could be interested in me. He peaked my interest, I'd like to know more, and there's pretty much only one path to that address.

Did I mention, though, that I'm a bit of a weirdo and tend to shun conventional means for most any task? Its not exactly intentional, its just sort of how things tend to come out.

This was the email I sent:



Hi Professor Chin Face,

Synge here - the weird girl from last night with copious amounts of yarn in her bag and the brilliant sock puppet performance art idea. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and your infamous chin along with its lovely sense of humor.

Since I feel utterly middle school in this endeavor, I might as well do this a la middle school style...

Soo, ummm [insert awkward foot shuffling, bright blushing, throat clearing and staring at toes here] would you be interested in having a drink or a cup of coffee with me sometime?

Check box:

YES






NO






(or you can call me at [phone number] if you're interested)

-Le Synge Bleu


I am either totally adorable or a freakish loser - I'm still not sure which (but I'll take any combination of the two which involves the word adorable. endearing is good too...).

3 Comments:

Blogger CHANTEUSE said...

definitely adorable, endearingly so. if he has the slightest bit of taste he will surely check "yes"

January 15, 2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Awesome is another word that fits. I would have said yes. I hope he did.

January 17, 2006 2:15 AM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

no response as of yet (which probably means he thinks i'm a freaky stalker)

January 17, 2006 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home