Thursday, December 07, 2006

Monthary #8


Tonight is the Wild Boar and the Blue Monkey's 8th monthary. And the above is a very unflattering cell phone picture taken to stave off the throes of hospital boredom during the last 12 hour transfusion for Maman. Just felt the need to explain why we're unshowered, sans makeup, and, well... pink.
Now 8 months is nothing in the grand scheme of things, I am well aware of this (so back off all ye of the many yeared relationships), but lets consider 2 very important facts when examining why this is a pretty big deal in Synge-land.
1. Cancer (Maman's, I'm still cancer free as of right now) and the overwhelming familial obligation that accompanies it do not exactly create ideal circumstances in which to cultivate a happy healthy and successful relationship. Neither do the million and one crying jags the Boar has been subjected to. Not to mention the nonstop travelling, all encompassing exhaustion, and misplaced anger. I'll stop here, you get the picture.
We were a mere month and a half into this relationship when the doctors cut into Maman's brain and all our lives, forever changing the landscapes therein. We were relationship zygotes, still forming and learning in our giddy little microcosm that we believed was impenetrable. Yeah, umm, well we were a little wrong there.
Diamonds are the strongest known natural materials in existance, as well as being among the most coveted. These treasures are created under conditions consisting of immense and unfathomable pressure. I'd like to think the same principles of creation can be extended to relationships, and that we are forging the world's strongest relationship ever. Its certainly proving itself to be, considering the rigeurs it has already withstood in a mere 8 months. (Also, my therapist, Lady Charon, says we are incredibly solid...and if your therapist says you have a solid relationship, than you really probably do considering they make money off of your instability.) We're creating the fuckin' Hope Diamond of relationships, only without the shitty luck.
2. This is me we're talking about here. I don't exactly bear the most glorious track record when it comes to men. In fact, I was going to add a few links here to prior posts, and relaized that I would have to link to pretty much the entire blog pre-Boar. This makes 8 months in a happy healthy relationship not merely a big deal but a fuckin miracle when you think about it!
And our relationship is more than happy and healthy - it is fourth of july fireworks, birthday cake, presents, and unicorn magic all at once. Its its own damn theme park is what it is! He makes me deleriously joyous, to which I say its about fucking time. I have found the perfect fit of man, even on bloaty days, and I relish every single mooshy gooshy ridiculously cheesy gesture we share. He makes me pee in my pants laughing on a regular basis, while never faulting me for having wet pants. That, my dear internets, is priceless.
(the fabulous bounce-back-in-the-sack doesn't hurt either...)

2 Comments:

Blogger JMD said...

Indeed. Congrats.

December 10, 2006 1:37 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Did you lose my comment? :( WAAAA!

As I said previously in the comment eaten by the black hole. You are beautiful, even when not showered and no makeup.

Is your boyfriend Kevin Smith?

December 12, 2006 12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home