Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Reason Number 2 Billion Six Hundred Seventy Three Thousand One Hundred Five



The Wild Boar and I are both on a super strict super healthy diet, and I'm proud to report we're both losing a bunch of weight. But amidst a holiday engineered by the sugar industry, its definitely a challenge to maintain, especially with raging pms (min, not his, in case yuo were wondering). Enter my perfect and super thoughtful and considerate Boar to the rescue. Instead of flowers or chocolates, I got something even better - an edible fruit bouquet, which smells and tastes as delicious as it looks. The card accompanying it reads Here is a healthy way to show you how much you mean to me. I love you truly and cherish every moment I share with you. Yeah, the love and cherish parts are great and all, but what really gets my heart is the healthy. **Sigh** How long have I waited for that? And how much trans fat did I put up with along the way, right?

Tonight we're going to Gobo, which is not only super healthy, but also one of my favorite restaurants of all time. When my parents came up for my birthday last year I took them there, and my father who incessantly mocks vegetarians absolutely loved the food. Some really spacey monkey girl completely forgot to make reservations until last night, however (after deciding months ago to go there), and so we're stuck going to the Upper East Side (read Siberia, but even colder) location instead of the West Vilage for a 9:45 reservation. Hmmm...I can think of a few things we can do in the meantime to work up our appetite....

Happy Valentine's Day to you all. While I acknowledge that its a wholly commercial endeavor designed to fuel the uber capitalist machine, I must confess that this year its a commercial endeavor that I'm loving. Who'd have ever though life would turn out like this? Here is my not-so-commercial Valentine's Day gift to you, from a super talented friend of mine. Enjoy!


(ps. I got the Boar these. I don't think they're edible, and certainly not diet friendly, but I gotta admit they sound pretty freakin awesome. Plus they made me fall in love with B&H...but that's anoter love letter for another time.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Your hair is getting so long!!! And you look great and like you're really enjoying the day. :) Plus that health bouquet looks yummy!
Isn't Gobo one of the two amazing veg. places you took me to when I was up? I still remember those as two of the best dining experiences ever! Mmm I hope you have a great time up on the East side. It's gorgeous late summer here in NZ, but I would trade that - just for two hours mind you - for the great veg. NYC fare.

February 14, 2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger CHANTEUSE said...

i am truly impressed (not surprised, just impressed), on so many levels:
-you(YOU!!!) wrote a happy, pro-valentine's day post
-your boy came through with a gift that was creative, thoughtful AND healthy (that actually looks reaaaaaaally good)
-and you are managing to stick to your diet even on the most choco-cheesy-wine-tastic day of the year.

great job!!!

February 15, 2007 3:09 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

yes, jessica, gobo is one of the places i took you - it was your favorite in fact. WB is now quite the fan! and yes, my hair is insanely long, actually, as its even longer in the back. part laziness, and well, part laziness. i want to cut it one of these days...i took WB's beard trimmer and attacked my bangs and am tempted to try the same method on the rest. how ounk rock, huh? and yes, the bouquet was really really good - amazingly good in fact. sigh. are all the holidays over already?

February 16, 2007 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two look so happy together! I'm glad. And I think your bangs are adorable.

Liz

February 16, 2007 7:26 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

That's a lot of strawberries.

I am glad to see so an incredible smile on your face. It makes me hopefull for the future.

February 17, 2007 5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHHH shucks man! That's sweeeeet. I really want to eat one of those now. ANyway, you all look fabulous. I miss you guys. Glad to know you all are shriking. However, I fear I am expanding no matter what I eat. Perhaps its because of my sedentary life style.

February 20, 2007 8:55 AM  
Blogger laura said...

you look so happy! and you make me so hungry, talking about gobo, to which you turned me on. oh, the new england rolls...

February 22, 2007 10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Love Of BicyclesI have owned many different bicycles in my life. I decided in my early twenties that I could live just fine with just a few bicycles and without a car. I have different bicycles for different uses.I live in Houston and use the Houston streets for my transportation. I regularly use one of my light duty mountain bicycles for grocery shopping. The light duty mountain bicycles are not as tough as my mountain bicycles. Light duty mountain bikes are also referred to as trail bikes.I would never take a trail bike off-road. I have a really tough mountain bike with a full suspension system for taking camping. I try to get out and really ride on my mountain bicycle at least once per month. I usually know at least one person that is going cycling every weekend. It is easy to hitch a ride with them.Some of the most expensive bicycles are recumbent. I bought one for myself and I love it. It allows me to sit in a reclined position and pedal with my feet forward. My recumbent bicycle seat feels like a lounge chair. My model is one of the faster ones and I love it.I had a boyfriend once that was also interested in bicycles. We rode together everywhere and he talked me into buying a tandem bicycle. That was a huge mistake. We just could not work together on that bicycle and it amplified the problems in our relationship that were just below the surface. We broke up about two months after the purchase of that tandem bike.I was on one of my bicycles just getting some exercise last week and I rode past a retirement community and saw something amazing. I thought I was up on all of the available bicycles, but I had never seen an adult tricycle before. They were amazing. I stopped and chatted with one of the women riders and she told me that she hadnt been able to ride bicycles in about twenty years. She needed the stability that the adult tricycle had to offer and felt like she had new freedom.My nephew has recently become interested in bicycles. He wants a BMX bicycle for his birthday. He asked me for it because, as the most enthusiastic bicycle rider he knows, I am most likely to indulge his desire. I think that I am going to try to talk him into a free style bike instead. If I cant talk him into a free style bike, I may end up buying both bicycles for him. I want him to love cycling as much as I do.To learn more about everything bicycles vist my site at: BrensMartUSA Bicycles Have a geat day and stay healthy!Brenda Sue

March 18, 2007 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home