Thursday, May 17, 2007

Do Not Disturb



Yesterday I wrote a post about how frustrating it is to keep secrets. In general. Because it is frustrating. However, it was clearly a mistake to post it here in the blog, as it has prompted a very unwelcome bevy of inquiries by several close friends who read this blog. The gossip train is running full speed and I'm really slightly pissed about it.

If I say I have a secret, that means it is something I do not wish to or cannot disclose. It does not mean please call me 3 times in one day (and counting) while I am at work (I work 2 jobs remember? I'm usually at work until at least 10pm) and cannot pick up the phone. Because frankly, no matter how many times you call, I will not tell you what the secret is until I am able to, if I am ever able to. I would expect a little respect for my privacy. I would never badger someone to tell me something if they said it was a secret; I would assume it was a secret for a very good reason.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but it has been a very frustrating day. Perhaps I was naive in thinking that I could post about something that was bothering me without it becoming a huge deal. I was told by someone that if I post on a blog which I know friends read that I am asking to be harassed, so I want to set the record straight right now that I do not wish to be harassed and am genuinely sorry I ever write that post. Please respect my need for privacy and discretion.

(That being said, I must also include that my friends love me very much and their harassment does come from a well meaning, if erroneous, place. )

8 Comments:

Blogger MAH said...

come on synge, your post begged for a response. if someone called you three times in one day at work, that's a shame, but people who don't want to be asked about a secret, don't usually post on their blog that they have one. -mah

May 17, 2007 8:40 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

that's why i took down the post and put up this clarification explaining that i do not want to be asked...i didn't realize that it would be taken as you say.

May 17, 2007 8:55 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

and for the record, i never said i *had* a secret, i said i was babysitting a secret.

May 17, 2007 8:57 PM  
Blogger mim said...

So when I saw the image, I thought you were going to talk about that book thing The Secret, which my niece was all into...about attracting wealth to you or something like that, and I was going to say...don't spend money on that book. But now I get it, it was only the cool image you were using, and it is cool looking, ramble ramble ramble...

May 17, 2007 9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god - the secret is about me, isn't it!? Am I pregnant? Wait, I'll call you at work and ask.

May 18, 2007 7:56 AM  
Blogger CHANTEUSE said...

i'll cool all the rumour mills right now- it's my secret: yes, i DO have a secret love child with George Clooney, and YES, he IS pressuring me to spend more time with him and Georgie Jr. at his vacation home in Lake Cuomo. i knew i never should have joined him for limoncellos that night... J, i'm so sorry for my youthful indiscretion...thanks for keeping it under wraps synge.

(that said, little sis, i must agree with mr. mah; oh well, lesson learned)

May 18, 2007 11:03 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

I think you did the write thing. Sometimes I post things that I don't want friends to bug me about so i pull them down before they ask for more info, which I won't disclose. You did the right thing.

I just hope this secret you are babysitting doesn't hurt you in any way. HUGS

May 19, 2007 4:46 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Since we've already talked, I will confess MY secret and admit that it was I who called you 3 times at work. Because I take care of a little person all day and have no sense of when people are working or not (and assumed you would just turn off your ringer if you couldn't take calls at work).

I didn't mean to harass you. I assumed that it was the kind of secret that you really wanted to be asked about. I was very excited--having no life of my own and all.

Anyway...this is rather redundant since we talked about all this, but I was in Florida and now I'm home. BTW, you don't suck.

May 21, 2007 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home