Monday, July 09, 2007

Why I Have Been a Blogging Slacker aka This Time I Really Do Have a Good Excuse



Ummm, surprise?

Bet that explains a lot, huh?

So I must confess - I have another blog. Yes, I've neglected this wonderful blog which has been steadfast and true, for a newer younger blog. But hey, I'm cooking a baby here and I only got but so much energy (which is really ummm, none) per day! So here's the new BABY BLOG, which I will be primarily posting on. I'm still going to keep this one around (hidden on my profile so that WB can't find it - he's been adamant from the start about not wanting to read it...he can't take reading about all my previous exploits with the men) to write about grown up things that I wouldn't want everyone in the world to be able to read. But I will probably be posting less often. Right now my world pretty much revolves around pregnancy anyway, and that you can read all about on the BB...gas and all.

The other little tidbit of news is that we're leaving New York at the end of this month (like less than 3 weeks away...yikes!!!). After four wonderful years, many adventures, and a hell of a good time, I'm saying goodbye to this place I love so dearly, at least for now. Its a hard transition, but the more the pregnancy progresses, the more I realize that I don't want to raise a child here..not unless I win the lottery and get filthy rich. Its too hard, not enough nature, and the pace is exhausting now...I can't imagine with kids! Also, a huge factor in the decision, if not the main one, is that Maman would not get a chance to really be able to be a part of this child's life for whatever time she's got left if we don't move close by. She's can't really travel much, and we couldn't go back and forth with a baby like we've been doing. Its hard on us, and we're ostensibly grown-ups (though thaht's debateable)...it would be incredibly disruptive for the baby (and the debateable grown-ups as well). All in all I feel pretty good about the decision, though there's a tiny part of me that has a hard time letting go of this particular incarnation of my dream. That's normal, I know, and it doesn't mean that I'm not excited about motherhood (because lord knows I am!), it just means that I have a transition process to go through. And I am....right after I finish freaking out about the actual physical realities of the moving process (namely that I have wayyyy too much shit! And its got to be packed! FUCK!).

And now I'm exhausted from writing this and I need a nap. See? That's why I've gotten very little done in the past 12 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home