Monday, January 10, 2005

The Real Time Update

I'm sitting in my favorite local non-corporate coffee dive waiting for the video copies I dropped off at the weird creepy video reproduction place to finish their spawning so that I can send Captain Resistance the evidence to peruse himself, as his lawyer claimed to have only seen him once in the video and he was highly visible throughout. His lawyer, Mr. Scaredycat Pisspants is a real nutjob; I went down to meet him to give him my written testimony in case I will be able to testify and he talked on and on about his parents having been actors and said his mother would love to meet me. Okay...(to be read with a Mr. Artsy Hotpants inflection for those of you who know MAH) He also later called to ask me to see a movie. I forgot to call him back, not intentionally- I just suck at returning phone calls. Anyway, he seems to be a little flaky, at best, from what Cap'n Resistance has noted as well.

I'm a little nervous about tomorrow...and just as a write this, in another stunning example of the synchronicity that always not-so-subtlely hits me over the head with its obviousness like the old cartoon piano falling on your head trick only more symbolic, my lawyer calls and we make arrangements to meet tomorrow morning before court (I've never met him before). More importantly, he said he's going to file a motion for dismissal, because "Basically I think the complaint is insufficient. So I wrote up a quick motion for dismissal...". This comment was tossed off in a thoroughly cavalier self-confident way that I have to say makes me feel quite reassured. If good lawyers are smoke and mirrors, he certainly has the act down well...he'd intimidate the shit out of me with his overly confident somewhat condescending manner. Okay, he does kind of intimidate me (but I kind of like it...mmm, be brusk again Mr. Confident Condescending Cavalier ). Plus the NLG folks keep saying he's the gold standard for political activists' defense. So I guess we're filing a motion tomorrow...and there you go folks, the real time update.

My time's up, I'd better post. The clock's counting down....oh god, the pressure!


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dans la bouche du loup!!, Ma chaton chérie. Qu'il ait faim!! P

January 10, 2005 5:04 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

C'est l'endroit ou je passe ma vie...dans les bouches des loups; un jour, je deviendrais un loup. (Aujourd'hui je suis plutot comme un cochon)

January 10, 2005 5:13 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

damn! why didn't i think of that before (there were some gorgeous women in jail too)? it sure would've helped pass the 50 hours....well, there was that whole intense pain thingfrom the fucked up shoulder injury and chemical burns, plus we were covered in toxic crap and oil and diesel from pier 57. oh well, maybe next time.


i guess you couldn't hide a file in spagetti-o's huh?
(wasn't that your obsession at one point?)

January 10, 2005 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck. No matter what the outcome, I'm proud to know someone who was arrested for civil disobedience. Even if you weren't being disobedient. And nevermind that I don't know you at all. Still, I'm sending good thoughts your way via an anonymous posting on your anonymous blog.

KW

January 10, 2005 9:11 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

thank you kw. i'm sitting here having a little freak out fest that i'm about to pour out into a post, and you have no idea how wonderful it feels to read an anonymous post on my anonymous blog from someone i don't know at all who's totally supportive. that's really cool. thank you. i'm getting all stupidly teary...must be the nerves.

January 10, 2005 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home