Sunday, February 06, 2005

Happy Days With Mr. Artsy Hotpants

Tonight I went with Mr. Artsy Hostpants to see Samuel Beckett's Happy Days at Classic Stage (courtesy of my union...one of the perks are the free tickets offerred to union members when companies need to pad the house); I won't dissect the production as Mr. Artsy Hotpants will undoubtedly blog about it himself, and in a far more forgiving manner than I. What I do want to mention, however, is how very thankfuk I am for Mr. Artsy Hotpants; tonight was exactly what I needed and I thank you wholeheartedly for it.

Mr. Artsy Hotpants is the kind of person who you respect to the point that a compliment from him is something to stow away and treasure for years to come; not that he is witholding of compliments, but he is so refreshingly honest and his opinion so worth seeking and respecting that you can't help but eagerly seek his approval without being fully aware of even doing so. He is incredibly intelligent and incredibly empathetic all at once without ever transgressing into any territory remotely resembling pity, which makes him a wonderful person with whom to share many intimate details of your life. He is the sort of friend you can tell it like it really is to, without fear of judgement (bad) or pity (far worse); for that I am infintely thankful.

I am cocooning a bit these days, as I am sometimes prone to do. Mr. Artsy Hotpants is the only person I've spoken to or seen (aside from a few very quick moments spent with my roomate filling me in on a few life details and me halfheartedly listening) today. And he was quite the perfect choice indeed. I mentioned very briefly some of the things on my mind and we talked no further on them; there was no need to. I don't withold from him and so deeply appreciate the ability to just be myself with him, whatever that entails, without worrying about having to discuss things I may not want to. He lets me be whatever I need to be in the moment, no questions asked. That's incredibly rare and infinitely comforting.

Thank you Mr. Artsy Hotpants. I drunkenly but happily and sincerely thank you for giving me the exact evening I needed, and for being such a thoughtful and loving friend in so many ways. I'm not talking about your efforts on my behalf to garner me evening waitstaff employment (which I do thank you for- you are ever the loyal promoter); I'm talking about the strength and love and support you constantly provide, as well as the freedom of complete honesty without judgement or any attempt at changing or "fixing" me. You are not only my favorite person to see theatre with, but also one of my very favorite brilliant people to talk with as well. Plus you're really witty and fun to boot.

You also looked really sexy in your wonderful new Chicago shirt and leather jacket (may your stupid ugly rude poophead ex eat his heart out!)...gay men beware, he's quite a catch!

I must go sleep, although I have volumes more to write; its now 4am and I'm more than a bit drunk. I just wanted to post my accolades and thanks before retiring, as I do count myself unimaginably lucky and was thinking so all night. From the moment I entered the theatre lobby onward, I felt comforted and smiled and laughed genuinely; you are a wonder to behold and a true joy to be with MAH.

(And did I mention I love the new shirt and leather? H-O-T!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home