Tuesday, January 18, 2005

A Disclaimer of Sorts for Overly Emotional Posts

An unspeakable travesty has occurred at the stupid day job today; I was moved from my virtually secluded blogging enabling little corner and put back into the hideous land o' tiny cublicles. While this may be a nice change of pace in terms of forcing social interaction with my co-workers, it is horrible news in terms of blogging, e-mailing, keeping up to date on upcoming protest actions, and generally fucking around; the staple of my usual workday up until now. To add insult to injury, I am at the front of the class, so to speak, seated in a place where everyone can see what I'm doing on my computer. Lovely. As if it wasn't a crappy place to work already.

So because the work blogging has been nipped in the bud and my evenings have been taken up by the Ladies of Liberty meetings, rehearsals, banner making and general preparation for Thursday, I have been unable to post until now (now being 2:30am...tomorrow's gonna be a long long day). I've left you with only a partial vision of my existance of the moment, and one leaning toward a bit of the gloomier side of things as well; not very nice of me, but I never claimed to be nice so don't look at me buster. I've gotten a few personal e-mails from several friends (reason #5685280 not to send your anonymous blog to your friends, thus rendering it no longer anonymous...I am a genius indeed) who are concerned; the older friends being far calmer in this scenario and merely voicing their love while the newer friends fear I'm horribly depressed. I thought perhaps a disclaimer might be in order.

I'm not suicidally depressed people, I'm just a very honest and very emotionally raw and intense kind of person. I feel deeply. And what I wrote was a completely honest truthful account of the moment. The thing about moments is that they change, and that's great cuz it would fucking suck if I felt that badly still. I don't. At this moment, I'm obsessed with preparing for D.C., and that's my world at present. Perhaps I'll go back to self pity when I get return to New York, who knows? But for now, I've let that moment go, so you can too. I've been in the spin cycle a few too many times to let anything knock me down but so much. Either that or I'm really good at denial. Maybe its both. The bottom line is please don't worry about me because of anything I write in this blog. The blog exists as part excruciating exercise in forcing me to verbalize in a form more coherent than subvocal grunts and whimpers, part venue in which to keep the people who don't stay up until 4am when I can actually call them somewhat updated on my life, and part release for my own damn selfish purposes. I'd like to be able to use it as the latter two without having them conflict. That's part of the deal with honesty - you get the good, the bad, the funny, and the really fucked up all in one. I'll post something along the lines of "worry about me now" when its time to worry; until then, know that I'm tougher than I read.

Umm, at the same time, thanks for some of the really cool stuff you all said. You're pretty fucking insightful empathetic witty caring and a whole laundry list of other adjectives I don't feel like typing because its 3:15am and I still have to finish packing. I'm unbelievably lucky to have such great friends. Did my mom put you up to this or what?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

Sometimes when I read your work I can't help but wish that you could listen to whatever mix or CD I'm listening to at the moment.

bipolar opposites attract
all of a sudden my water broke...
...what is wrong with me?

Yes, it's Nirvana primal scream therapy. Good to kick the...whatever...out of the moment's bad emotions. Listening to now: "hate me...do it and do it again."

But I'm not the only one...

and the distortion is wonderful in its wildness...

January 19, 2005 6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home