Friday, March 25, 2005

Hanging Indefinitely

Well, still no word from the casting director. I'm feeling much better about it today though. It's just the waiting that is unbearable. Now that yesterday is gone and the day of waiting is over, I can relax about it. I usually am quite even keeled about this sort of thing and don't get my hopes up; I've leared to just audition and let it go. However, this is hard to do when a casting director e-mails you and says "You will most likely have a callback for Universal sometime on Friday. Hold the 30th for the shoot".

Mr. Saucy Funnybuns, who used to be an actor on Broadway and on a soap, explained to me that usually a casting director will call your agent and put you on hold, so to speak, for a certain date when they're considering you. He said the actor doesn't necessarily know about it, but the agent knows not to send them out on anything that day while they're on hold. Since I don't have an agent, this is what the casting director was doing; its standard practice. Well now I know, and I learned an important lesson about not getting my hopes up until I have a signed contract in hand. I knew that before, but somehow forgot it.

There are still really great positive things about this whole experience - the fact that I even got the audition, the great feedback across the board, and the fact that I will clearly be called in again by this casting director.

It is odd, however, that he didn't e-mail me to tell me it was definintely not happening; because of our personal relationship of student/teacher and the e-mails already sent, I would have definitely thought he'd contact me either way. This means either he's swamped and I will be hearing from him when things calm down, or that the client still has not made their decision and callbacks have been pushed back. As the second option is not a rare occurrance, I'm definitely hoping for the latter. We'll see. I'm not anxiously waiting like yesterday, and that's a good thing.

What a crazy business this is, really.

3 Comments:

Blogger Swa said...

I got my fingers crossed for you, kiddo! Keep us posted. ;)

March 25, 2005 5:11 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

thanks swandad, you're a sweetheart!

though i think its really funny you call me kiddo...i don't think you're that much older than me...not that i mind, i like being a perpetual child.

March 25, 2005 5:20 PM  
Blogger Ailyn said...

rootin' for ya!
in my best texas drawl-which i don't have

March 26, 2005 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home