Thursday, March 24, 2005

The Nail Biting Wait

So I responded to the casting director's e-mail with a very excited reply. This is what I found in my inbox today:

"Ouch, that was loud!
[editor's note: this was in response to me writing "aaaaaeeeeiiiiii! (shreik of joy and excitement)" in my e-mail]

I'm thrilled you're thrilled. But keep in mind that they are culling down their choices today, so I may have to rescind. (Take a deep breath and repeat three times: Out of my control, out of my control...) In any event, however, it was a great audition, the first of many, I know.
Big :)s."


So now the anxious stomach lurching self reproaching edgy wait begins. He's right, its totally out of my control...its the silly ad people and corporate people who decide these things. What I have to remember is that its huge that I even got the audition and even more huge that I've gotten all of this amazing feedback from him. From the sound of this last e-mail, it seems as though I will be called in to that particular casting agency again.

I'm still celebrating, though naseaously so.

This is not the fun part of this business.

3 Comments:

Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

::holding breath:: Good Luck, Synge.

March 24, 2005 5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uuunnhhhh... it's always the waiting that's the WORST!!! But patience is a New York virtue, is it not?

March 24, 2005 6:22 PM  
Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

lol@anon

March 31, 2005 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home