Monday, March 21, 2005

Good Surprises

this is an audio post - click to play

I knew I wouldn't have time to sit down and write out my good news, so I took the slacker route and decided upon an audioblog post (done on the fly walking from teh train to the sdj this morning)just to make sure I didn't forget to share my excitement. Things are going really well, wheels are beginning to turn, and I'm excited to see where the journey on a whole takes me.

Editorial Revision:
An anonymous commenter noted that not everyone has access to a sound card. Being without such a luxury at the sdj, I should have been more sensitive, especially with the amount of audioposts I've been doing lately. I apologize.

The good news is that I was called in by the casting director who was teaching my commercial class to audition for a national spot for Universal Orlandoi Resorts last Friday. After my second take and re-slating, my ex-teacher turned off the camera, looked over at me, and said "You made me proud." Okay, getting the audition was huge enough...especially with no representation. Its like turning water into wine. But then, to get such great feedback...needless to say I was on cloud 9. When I remarked that I was probably able to do a better job because the audition was for my teacher and I'm comfortable with him, he then replied, "No, you're good enough thaht you can do that for anyone." Wow! A major major commercial casting director thinks I'm talented. This is amazing. This is mind blowing. This is inspiring!

So that's the gist of the news, condensed a bit as I have tons of work to do for the show and must get cracking.
PLEASE VISIT THE VAGINA VLOG! We need hits, comments, and the word spread. Grassroots publicity, that's what its all about.

6 Comments:

Blogger CHANTEUSE said...

congratulations on your audition! i may not be a major casting director for commercials, but for what it's worth, i have always thought you were great. so there.

March 21, 2005 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Way to go, woman!
--sarachkah

March 21, 2005 2:32 PM  
Blogger Claudine said...

Sometimes hitting the next blog button really pays off. Great site title.

March 21, 2005 2:40 PM  
Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

Wow! Yes!! Awesome, Synge!

March 21, 2005 9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm, some of us don't have access to computers with speakers (mine is a pathetic life) so could you clue in those of us who are still living in the dark ages? i'd love to congratulate you on whatever the wonderful success is...

March 22, 2005 5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the editorial revision, and I may have a sound card, I don't know. But I definitely know there are no speakers on this pieced together computer. Congratulations on your successful audition!

March 24, 2005 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home