Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Update En Route to a Train Bound For Glory

this is an audio post - click to play

I posted this last night on my walk to the subway, of course, as time is at a premium these days. For those without audio, I lamented the lack of time and my business for a bit. Then came the boy update- Mr. Guarded Illumination took me out Sunday night for a very late nice dinner after rehearsal; it was a lovely evening, and, well, I spent the night in Queens. Monday night too. But he's actually coming on a bit too strong for me, so I'll be taking bets on how long before I run. He calls every day. I don't want to speak to anyone every day, especially if I'm dating them. I feel suffocated quite easily; its my downfall. Mr. Emotionally Unavailable is travelling Paraguy at the moment, but will return soon and I'm looking forward to that. He's been torturing me with e-mail updates on his travels (sent to a group, not just to me, but still quite the surprise) and making me insanely jealous of his adventures. Then I hung up abruptly because I heard the train. I ran like mad only to find it was a downtown train and not an uptown one as I needed. It took me forever to get home.

I feel like I'm neglecting this blog a bit, but unfortunately things are a bit crazy right now and I'm forced to prioritize. Its about to get even crazier (and I'm about to get even less sleep), as I will begin working soon for Mr. Saucy Funnybuns' friend, The Mighty Event. The Mighty Event is an event planner, and I'll be telecommuting doing data entry for now and contacting new clients later in whatever not-so-copious free time I can scrounge up (read 3-5am?). This is good though, as it will suppliment my meager income for now and help me transition when the sdj ends. Its rather perfect for me, as its ultimate flexibility and I absolutely adore The Mighty Event. He is an event in and of himself.

The Vagina Monologues are going well, though at times the producing end of things is quite frustrating. We just put a paypal link on the vlog, which I sent out to everyone I've ever met before, and advanced ticket sales will be up on the venue site any day now. I'm interested in seeing how the vlog will work as a marketing tool - I think its a rather revolutionary strategy taking advantage of the internet for publicity and capitalizing on the whole blogging/vlogging thing. Plus documenting process is always a really interesting thing and we've gotten some really good feedback on it thus far. I'm so excited to be a part of this project; its been a really good thing for me personally as well as hopefully professionally.

I feel whole. Tired, but whole.

1 Comments:

Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

Mr. Guarded Illumination- I like that name =)
Sounds like you are having fun, Synge =)
Awesome :P

March 24, 2005 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home