Thursday, July 28, 2005

And in the Vein of Running Away..

I'm going to Bonaire Friday on a spontaneous last minute spoiled rotten vacation. Someone in my parents' dive club had to have emergency surgery, so there were two spaces available for almost nothing, and my parents thought of the one person they knew that was always up for and afforded the flexibility for spur of the moment travel. And they're footing the bill!

I know that part of it is that Dad feels far less guilty about going off and leaving Mom when I am there, and this way they get far more time with me than a rushed weekend visit home. I also think they feel guilty about never coming to New York to visit, and I know they've been worried about me. That's part of the downfall (like there's any upside, really) to being the only surviving child, especially where suicide is concerned....god forbid you're having a sad day, much less emerging from a bit of a rough time; depression is a rather unmentionable panic inciting thing. So I know that this makes them very happy to be able to do, and that I should feel good about that.

Still, I feel like a spoiled rotten brat, or worse yet- a jap - for accepting an offer I'd be crazy to turn down. And I could definitely use some clarity time (which travel always affords), as the tours du psyche with Lady Charon have hit choppy rough waters and I'm a little seasick.

So I'm running away for a little well timed week of solitude to reflect on exactly how to sew up old wounds that have been covered with band-aids for a while.

And for those of you familiar with my insurmountable fear of fish, yes, I will indeed be snorkeling. We'll see if I make it out alive...

8 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

fear of fish?

have a wonderful breather!

July 28, 2005 8:38 AM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

horrible fear of fish. even goldfish. i know it sounds funny- my mom didn't even believe me until we went snorkeling together in dominica and a school of tiny fish were charging me while i was trying to get to the dive boat and i started crying. then she realized that a) i really do have a strong fear of fish and b) i am a freak.

July 28, 2005 10:35 AM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

ouch....that hurt.

ummm, no, i' haven't since the fringe show that fell through. epa's are ultimately so depressing that its hard to find the motivation...especially when everything's cast already. however, i will be auditioning for a show (showcase contract, but local work) when i get back from bonaire, which i got through the staged reading i did a couple weeks ago. i'm also starting classes at black nexxus when i get back.

July 28, 2005 12:29 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

i know...and i wouldn't even be here if it weren't for your prodding. i do appreciate the occasional smack upside the head/reality check. it does remotivate. it also reminds me that if you've got that faith in me, i can have it too.

yeah, ummm the kid (my roomate) just got featured background in deniro's next film..they wanted frat boy/ yale skull and bones types. he got to meet deniro. did he tell you?

July 28, 2005 12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Escape, Escape and Enjoy.....but leave the guilt at home. Perhaps you can have a Carlos and Charlie moment......

Peace -

Sailor

July 29, 2005 8:04 AM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

i can't believe everyone's bringing up cozumel! that was 7 years ago!

well...okay...it is an admittedly funny story.

sailor, i can't believe you even remembered that detail of the story!

July 29, 2005 1:19 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

oh anyone who knows the story would catch the reference! then sailor even remembered the locale. i forget my own stories, oddly enough, until i'm reminded of them.

July 29, 2005 4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In between flash-backs I occasionally have memories.....

Enjoy!

Sailor

July 30, 2005 1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home