Friday, July 22, 2005

No Suspicious Sweat Please!

So today is the first day of the civil liberties raping random subway searches. I did not take the subway to the sdj today, but took the bus instead; this was not out of protest, but more so because its easier to put on my makeup on the bus than the subway and I pretty much only put on makeup on public transportation. Yes, I'm that woman. You know, that tacky mascara wand waving woman threatening to ruin your white shirt with one lurch of the brakes; hey, I'll do anything for 10 more minutes of sleep.

What's even more disturbing are the NYPD's terrorist spotting tips. Wow, had I only known that every time I get stuck next to the jerk who bathed in perfume or cologne (which happens more frequently than you'd think) my life was in danger! And here I thought the risk was merely the unintentional emptying of the contents of my stomach.

And might I just add, Commissioner Kelley, can you hang out in the overheated subway waiting for a train in this horrific hellish humidity and not sweat profusely? If you can than my assumptions are indeed true; you are inhuman.

6 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

hey - i am THAT woman, too! or at least i used to be before i stopped wearing make up after my son died. my bus route is also the route for veterans going to the VA facility here that takes care of rehab for addicts and psychiatric care. they usually collectively yammer the whole way to the VA, but the presence of an activity so inappropriate and feminine in their midst throws them for a loop and they shut up - even the guy talking to the friend that only he can see.

July 22, 2005 5:42 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

yeah, people's various responses range from application advice to digusted looks. the funniest though was a little old lady who grabbed the makeup out of my hand and told me i was too pretty to put that crap on my face and make myself look like a clown. i never got that eyeliner pencil back either.

July 22, 2005 5:54 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Okay...I am going to have to disagree with you here (Not about putting makeup on in public places...I do that too). You really object to the random bag searches? Hell, I thought they should have been doing that years ago!

What's the difference between consenting to ride the subway and having your bag randomly searched and consenting to ride an airplane and being randomly searched? Just the price.

July 22, 2005 9:28 PM  
Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

Eeek!! That is so scary I'm emailing it out.

July 23, 2005 1:45 AM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

the difference is that its far more orwellian.

July 24, 2005 11:59 AM  
Blogger laura said...

morning, synge - according to my e-mail notification, you left me a comment, but i can't figure out to which post. it was a very kind post, and also a mysterious one, since it don't know to which category you are referring! please enlighten me at llewiscle@gmail.com. thanks

July 25, 2005 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home