Thursday, March 31, 2005

Go Speedracer! Go!

Okay, so I've been very negectful to my poor wonderful loyal sweet blog who is always waiting faithfully by (except when blogger's on the fritz). What can I say? Truthfully, not much at all...I'm posting on the fly. I'm posting faster than the speed of light. I attempting to boldly blog faster than any blog has been logged before.

I had my third court appearance today for my unlawful arrest at the RNC...blah blah blah...you're all sick of hearing about it by now. Well, I'm sick of going to court; as if I didn't alreadsy hate 100 Centre Street...now I'm becoming quite intimate with it. So my arresting officer doesn't show up, and the DA's office asks for a second call (where they wait and call up your case again...judges don't like doing this; it pisses them off). The judge asks what time the officer was supposed to be there; the DA's office sheepishly replies...this morning. The judge asks, "How long are we supposed to wait around?". He gives them one hour and instructs us to come back at 11:00 - not enough time to even warrant leaving the building. So I hung out with my superhero lawyer, the Godfather of Civil Liberties, and his fab assistant, and we smoked, talked about vaginas (I had my script with me and was working on lines), and laughed quite a bit. Have I mentioned how much I freakin LOVE my lawyer?

We return to courtroom at 11am on the dot, only to find - surprise surprise! - the DA's office is not ready to proceed with their case. Whew, glad I hadn't just missed several hours f work for nothing! Grrrr. So the story is to be continued...on May 5th in fact. If the prosecution is not ready at that time, the case most likely then gets dismissed and sealed based on a speedy trial 30 day rule. (I know, its been way more than 30 days of this whole process, but the clock stops with motions etc..)

Oy! As we were leaving, the godfather of Civil Liberties said, "I think this case is going to die a slow long protracted death." Lovely. At least we're still laughing.

I have more to write but am not blogging faster than the speed of light, as I had hoped, so this must suffice for now. Better to blog briefly than not to blog at all.

4 Comments:

Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

I'm always interested to hear how this is unfolding, Synge, bc I often wish that I had the guts to protest about the things I believe in. Often, just what you are going through is what I am afraid enough of to chicken out.

March 31, 2005 11:33 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

sgroovy,
at the time, my experience was pure hell and utterly terrifying for a first time activist; I wouldn't change it for the world, and i'm so incredibly thankful that my eyes have been opened to the reality. Just wait...once this is all over, i will be able to post details, and you will be shocked at the circumstances and at my treatment.

April 01, 2005 12:59 AM  
Blogger Ed said...

Remember that U2 lyric from Bullet the Blue Sky? Outside it's America...somehow that becomes scary when I think about what you went through (are still going through, actually). It will be behind you very soon...I think you're in the home stretch.

April 07, 2005 2:30 PM  
Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

I'll be glad when it's over, for you, and because I think I should probably know the real truth about these things.

April 16, 2005 1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home