Monday, October 10, 2005

Ambushed!


I am notoriously impossible to wake up in the morning; I stubbornly cling to sleep, desperately crying out "Five more minutes! Five more minutes!" if anyone dares to disturb my figure burrowing further and further under the covers. But clearly, this morning I was outsmarted, and my evil plan to sleep well into the day and then cry about not getting enough hours was cruelly thwarted. Doc Harleycame over to my side of the bed and gently kissed me, following me as I rolled away towards the other side of the bed (my huge tactical error, I now realize). Despite my feeble protestations, he kept saying "I just want to show you something, then you can go back to bed." Silly me, thought it was a mere come on, and not the ingenious wake up strategy it turned out to be. He rolled me right out of the bed, and half carried me to the bathroom, where the shower was already on, temperature perfectly adjusted. Before I could even realize what was happening, I was in the shower and beginning to wake up. Then, just to ensure I continued to wake up, he came and brought me some coffee while I was in the shower. Damnitt!! There was no turning back then, I was waking up, with no excuse to crawl back into bed and avoid my day. NPR was even blasting on the radio in the bathroom, waking my brain as well as my body.

Shit. I must start dating stupid men who are unable to trick me into waking up. (of course considering my usual half sleep state, only a lobotomy victim would be unable to outsmart me first thing in the morning).

I was too busy laughing when I finally realized what had happened to be upset at all. On the contrary, I thought it was very cute,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

if it was me I would have changed your alarm for earlier for some morning wrestling, then taken you in the shower with me. But his way works too ;)

October 10, 2005 12:13 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

That IS sweet. Awwwwwww.....

October 10, 2005 12:58 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

vix, you just like him cause he's a jewish doctor!

October 10, 2005 1:26 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Hey, I'm not some big advocate of Jewish doctors. I just like the idea of you dating someone who can pay the rent.

October 10, 2005 3:43 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

it was very sweet though.

October 10, 2005 3:53 PM  
Blogger MAH said...

He doesn't pay the rent. He's a REAL grownup. He has a mortgage.

MAH

October 10, 2005 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home