Thursday, September 29, 2005

Low Maintenance / High Maintenance Bullshit Monikers

Dear Composer Boy,

I would like to officially exchange the title of "low maintenance" womyn bestowed upon me by you. I did not realize at the time of our conversation that being low maintenance meant complacently waiting around for promised phone calls which never ever arrive. I did not realize that being low maintenance meant a serene smiling acceptance of being made to feel more insignificant than your pet frog. I did not realize that being low maintenance meant you get to make the schedule of any and all contact because your "business" supercedes mine. I have a much clearer understanding now; I was ignorant before and should have consulted a dictionary at the very least. I am hoping you have an exchange policy, as I have decided that the title of "high maintenance bitch" will be far more comfortable to travel in and is machine washable to boot; "low maintenance" just doesn't fit very comfortably and I've found it clashes with my sense of self respect.

Impatiently awaiting your reply,
High Maintenance Bitch
(ooh, that does fit quite nicely!)

6 Comments:

Blogger AVA said...

It's always better to be seen as high maintanance Synge. Even if men complain, they do try a little harder... Anyone who makes you feel that 'low maintanance' is not even worth your time.
(can I post this in Dead Letters Office?)

September 29, 2005 6:29 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

ava, sure you can post this in dead letters office. i'm becoming a nun anyway...

September 29, 2005 6:33 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

http://girlmeetsdog.com/
woof....

September 30, 2005 1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray!!!

September 30, 2005 2:47 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

skoehler,
and when the risk takes advantage of your patience and takes you for granted, is it not time to let go of the risk? when the risk shows you early on who they are, do you go further out on the limb and spend another year and a half miserably wanting more or do you acknowledge that perhaps the risk did not work out this time? where is the line between doormat and ice queen?

September 30, 2005 2:56 PM  
Blogger AVA said...

Thanks Synge. It's posted :)

September 30, 2005 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home