Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Teary Eyed 2 Seconds

A very good friend of mine is very ill; this sort of thing always puts everything in perspective, doesn't it? While the illness is not new, recent developments have put this at the forefront of my consciousness and the hyper-immediacy drowns out anything and everything else. I have spent a good part of the day dealing with the various levels of chill that accompany medical terminology and the rest of it sobbing. I am tired and drained and sobbed so loudly upon my arrival home that my neighbor diagonally across the hall came over to check on me. Its time for bed. I cannot write about this heartbreak or any other at the moment, I need to take something stronger than the bedtime tea I've been choking down and get some sleep, hoping for clarity and magic powers to appear somewhere in the night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

You are a very good friend. I hope your friend comes out of this, but from the way you write about it, they may not. I hope that isn't the case.

My thoughts are with you and your friend.

November 22, 2005 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home