Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Send In the Clowns or My Criminal Court Case Part II

this is an audio post - click to play

So I'm back from my second bought at 100 Centre Street, and quite pleased with the outcome thus far. The evil but not-so-intelligent and/or thorough DA's Office made a very stupid mistake in writing up the complaint against me and my fabulous lawyer brilliantly caught it, thus resulting in the necessary elimination of one of the charges against me.

I love my lawyer and his inherent sense of humor; his eyes twinkle with a subversive mischieviousness and he makes the frustrating and scary ordeal almost fun at times.I wanted to throw my arms around him in a huge bear hug, but settled for a kiss on the cheek and then of course demanded another for the other cheek for balance (habbit, not pretention). I had written him an e-mail late last week in which I addressed him as the "Godfather of Civil Liberties", and in his response he questioned that title, saying "And what's with all this Godfather stuff anyway?" As we exited the courtroom, I turned to him, grinning from ear to ear, and said "And you dare to question your moniker as the Godfather of Civil Liberties?".

We laughed and walked out into the frigid wind that slices through every layer you could possibly stack upon your person and celebrated this mini-victory; hopefully the first of many to come.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Court is always good to you, once you get there, congratulations!!!!Which charge was dropped? On what grounds? Who was the judge? What are the remaining charge(s)? And when is your next court date?

SGBx

March 09, 2005 8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it would have helped if I had listened to the audio first. That leaves only one question unanswered, who was the judge?

Peace - SGBx

March 09, 2005 8:08 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

the woman who looks like she has a huge anvil stuck in her rectum.

March 09, 2005 10:23 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

I re-enter the Matrix for a brief look, and here you are, Trinity for all ages, battling the machine. And doing very well. Eventually, I suppose, you'll rewrite the entire thing. I wouldn't put it past you.

ps...talked by phone with dr dan today...about their web site and how to improve it.

March 09, 2005 10:55 PM  
Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

Congrats, Synge =)

Hopefully this is a good sign =)

March 10, 2005 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home