Monday, April 18, 2005

The Neverending Energy Pit

I have slacked off on my posting incredibly; its not for lack of subject matter either, I"ve just been decompressing from the hecticness of the last 6 weeks or so. Its a bit of a pattern for me - run myself completely ragged and then collapse, recuperate, and repeat. Do not pass go, do not collect $100, do not rinse, do not stop. I am certain that one of these days I will wake up 60 and alone with the body of an 80 year old and nothing to pour whatever is left of my energy into.

But the sad fact is that I love it.

The next off and running thing is working two jobs. I have been running up credit card debt steadily since moving to New York, and recently have been practically living off of them. I was shocked to discover that I have very little credit left, so its time to buckle down and kick ass.

Unfortunately its so much easier to run myself completely ragged with theatre and a benefit and things that I enjoy and that are my life. Data entry is not quite so motivating. Its also difficult when I'm in such extreme pain to get motivated to spend all day and all night crouched in front of an infernal machine, but crouch I must.

I don't mean to sound so whiny and petulant. Its Monday, I should be forgiven on those grounds alone.

I hate real world crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home