Thursday, August 11, 2005

I Must Have a Faulty Magnetic Field

Pier 57
(above and below)
a31


As if it were not frustrating enough to attract only those proudly unwilling to venture anywhere near anything remotely resembling commitment (and we're talking the level of reluctance to plan a week in advance here) in my dating life (I use that term loosely...both terms actually) now I'm encountering it in my activist sphere of existance as well. Lady Alice and I are working together on an action that among other things will mark the anniversary of the a31 unlawful mass arrests during the Republican National Convention last year, and shed renewed light on the conditions and inordinate length of time under which we were held. While many on the various arrestees listservs are interested in showing up, a disappointing few are interested in committing to helping with the legwork involved. Worse yet, those that did seem to be flaking out on us. The guy who is theoretically obtaining the permit is suddenly nowhere to be found, and has not responded to the flood of e-mails we've sent. The other womyn involved in the planning has gone away on vacation, without any notice that she was going to be mia.

Frustrating isn't quite large enough a word to encompass it all...frustra-discombobul-ennervant might do the trick, but if you say it loud enough you'll never really sound precocious, not to mention the rhyme and rhythm are missing there.

In my terribly narcissistic way, I can't help feeling like its got to have something to do with me. I must have a faulty magnetic field around me that only attracts people who abhor commitment on any level and are the very definition of solipsism; I repel everyone else. My magnetic field was attached the wrong way...inside out...and I can't ever stick to the fridge! Oh god, I've figured it all out now! I'm doomed to a life of being propelled onto the floor every time I try to connect with the fridge!

Maybe its a reflection on me; after all, I'm not exactly sure I always want to be on the fridge.

Or maybe I just smell and no one's told me yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home