Sunday, August 21, 2005

There May Be Life On This Planet Yet

Its amazing how much of a roller coaster ride life is. Since I last posted I think I have been up and down more hills than one encounters in an old school tour of San Francisco. But I'm doing amazingly well despite the many bumps and bruises along the way. I've been proud of myself for the way I handled the call with Mr. EU; proud and sad, for the two seem to be inextricably linked. I've been working like a madwoman for our A31 rally to commemorate and draw election year attention to Bloomberg's gross mishandling of the RNC preemptive mass arrests and went to the WillyB Summer Arts Festival with the Ladies of Liberty yesterday. I had a phenomenally inspiring Ex-Er Actor Class at Black Nexxus Friday night, where the teacher said I was incredibly talented and welcome in any of his classes anytime (the Vagina Goddess and I are going back next Friday). And I met an incredibly intriguing man tonight.

Mr. Saucy Funnybuns is stage managing a show in the fringe festival this year and as he had gotten some disturbing news yesterday I went to his place before the show tonight and ended up accompanying him to the theatre. The show is sold out for every performance until the end of the run, but I was going to sit with him in the booth, until I received a phone call from Ms. Laughing Wild Mountain Treasure. As I was feeling a little weird about hanging out in the booth and a little down because my friend The Lone Star Wonder got cast in the Estrogenius Festival (as well she deserved to be) and I didn't get a callback this week, I decided to go for a cocktail with her instead. We went for a few drinks and met up with Mr. Saucy Funnybuns afterwards, as he was leaving the theatre with the sound op who was also the composer for the original score of the piece as well as a teacher at the 92nd street Y. Composer boy and I hit it off immediately, and spent a good 20 minutes jabberring back and forth in fluent French before Mr. Saucy Funnybuns really needed to go home. I gave him my card and we parted ways, at which time Mr. Saucy Funnybuns informed me that they had left the theatre together because Composer Boy had wanted to meet me; he thought I was very friendly and fun.

At this point I'd like to add that I had been dripping with sweat all day long, was wearing a tank top and skirt/shorts with my hair in two braids like a child and my legs covered in mosquito bites to the point in which I looked like I have leprosy; I can't imagine a less attractive picture, really.

But somehow we instantly hit it off (he must be blind) and it was so weird to feel attracted to and intrigued by someone other than Mr. EU. He's probably a creep and I'm probably just in heat (I think I am ovulating or something) but it was odd nonetheless.

I have no expectations, but it was fun to feel like there might possibly be other men in existence, you know?

I'm also a bit tipsy, so don't believe a freakin word I say (hence the nonsensical writing contained in this post).

6 Comments:

Blogger Swa said...

potential boy toy is a good way to move on....keep your options open! And by the way, you look good in sweat, lol!

August 22, 2005 2:29 AM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

skoehler, i am wearing buns as i type this (and i do more often than not, esp with the summer heat). yeah, i'm watchin my back, but it seems like any guy ever mentioned someone has a warning about...who's safe, then?

swandad, yeah...lady charon also mentioned that nothin works like a boy toy to get over someone. (actually she said that 30 years ago her best friend once told her "yeah, i had to screw someone else like mad for a whole year before i was over him!"...she said she iagined that the generations were not so different that the same would not works today) and it would be nice to think i look good in sweat, as it seems to be in fashion these days (or at least unavoidable)

August 22, 2005 2:00 PM  
Blogger . said...

Ooh. Possibilities are always a good thing. It's always nice to get attention from someone else, especially when it's totally out of the blue!

August 22, 2005 3:23 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

huh? what visitor coming my way? did i miss something in my own post? is that a mentruation reference? mr. proud spammer, i seriously doubt that you fully read these things, as you so claim. even if you do, you're still a creepy spammer. but i leave your comment up, for all the world to see so they may boycott your site.

and to the sattelite tv spammers who will never read this, i don't watch tv asshole. i don't even have an antennae on my tv, i certainly don't need sattelite tv. you couldn't have missed the mark more, buddy.

this crap is beginning to get to me.

August 22, 2005 3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, should we be worried about you since you seem to be tipsy or drunk an awful lot of the time these days?

August 22, 2005 6:33 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

anonymous,
i've always been a bit of a lush and i tend to go in and out of heavier and lighter phases, but so far (knock on wood) there's never been anything to worry about. either everyone in new york is an alcoholic, or i'm doing okay. i care too much about my career to fuck things up too badly, i promise.

August 22, 2005 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home