Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Jumbled 2 Second Discombobulated Overview


I have been lax in my blogging as of late. This is not due to any reason other than extreme overextention in the peace and social justice movement, and when I say extreme, I mean I am so overcomitted my head is exploding. I am working on two different fundraisers for displaced Hurricane Katrina persons; I am on a Brooklyn Anti-Poverty Coalition (yes, I know I don't live in Brooklyn, but I am an honorary Brooklynite due to being the other half of a team, with Lady Alice) created to work with displaced persons relocated in Brooklyn, address the aftermath of Katrina in regards to the classism and racism and poverty issues involved, and work within our own community to address these problems; I am on a youth comittee of our local Code Pink chapter (do I still qualify as youth?), and am becoming more heavily involved with Code Pink actions, and am still one of the majpr Ladies of Liberty organizers and participants. I am also preparing to go to the massive anti-war mobilization in DC on Septemeber 24, and actively attending local demonstrations as well. I haven't had time to breathe, let alone blog.

Any and all friendship issues have now been resolved. I tend to forge deep ties with those I call my friends; connections that cannot be easily undone or let go of. As the roots run deep and hold fast, so do the friendships. This has been a constant gift throughout my life, and one that I am deeply thankful for. The love shared is far too strong for momentary incidents to destroy, and I should never have doubted that.

I am still seeing both Doc Harley and Mr. Compositionally Maxed, and learning to relax into the getting-to-know-you process, evaluating my own needs for what is probably the first time ever. I am approaching this from the perspective of what they can bring into my life rather than the perspective of the ways in which I feel insufficient; what a concept!

I feel like right now I am trusting myself to an extent I never thought quite possible and learning myself and my needs, strengths, and weaknesses in every possible capacity. This process of self discovery is empowering, like a new exciting adventure of me. I am proud of my growth, aware of the many miles ahead, and just maybe finally excited about the path ahead.

I am also exhausted (wow, there's something new...), and going to drift off to sleep at a relatively decent hour for once (1am, which is decent for me). I will have to save the longer explanations for another post; I'm lucky I know my own name with only 3 hours of sleep and a day that began at the ungodly and unheard of hour of 7am.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I just say how cute u are!!!!

Anyway, love...yes yes and yes...

Especially the delicious little bit about evaluating your own needs....something I too do far too little of.

Okay, so when are u going to drop everything for a while and come to the beach?????

September 14, 2005 7:45 AM  
Blogger laura said...

good for you!

September 14, 2005 4:15 PM  
Blogger Swa said...

Damn girl! I turn my head for two seconds and you get yourself into all kinds of dilemmas! Well, please know that you have a friend here, no judgements passed, no matter what. Do your thing.

Nuff Said!

September 14, 2005 11:31 PM  
Blogger . said...

Welcome back. We missed you!

September 20, 2005 1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home