Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Heigh Ho! Heigh Ho! To Debter's Prison I Go!



Today I took a good gander at my financial situation; the results were disasterous, to say the least. It appears that I have finally become entrenched in the quagmire of debt, from which escape does not appear to be possible. I do not currently make enough to cover my bills and rent, so even a very strict budget cannot pull me out of this mess.

Panic does not do justice to my reaction to this news.

After careful thought and a heart attack or two, I have figured out several things I can do:

1. Enter one of those horrific bleed-you-dry debt consolidation programs.

2. Make sure I work a full 40 hours a week and get extra work whenever possible. This will require a renewed commitment to mornings, which will be good as it will help discipline me to re-enter the audition scene, which also involves dreaded morning coherency.

3. Put myself on a strict cash-only budget. This will greatly diminsh my social life (or any hope thereof, as said budget is about $10/day at most), which could possibly help with #2.

4. Rob a few banks. While its a skill I have yet to learn, I am certain this is one I can master.

5. Get hit by a city bus. This one is admittedly risky, as avoiding death could be a challenge, but the payoff could be quite a nice sum.

6. Change my name to Twinklestarlight and go on the lamb, ending up in a 3rd world country living off of the pottery and bead work I make with found objects. I think this is the most realistic of proposed plans, once I figure out the logistics and dye my hair blonde.

This bed of my own making is quite uncomfortable...I wish now I had chosen the futon.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

You forgot "Find a sugar daddy"

January 18, 2006 3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allow me to add:

7) Move out of the world's most expensive city.

8) Ask parents for a loan

9) Get a new job that pays more.

10) Sell eggs to childless couple.

January 18, 2006 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Move.
Manhattan is a rip off. Queens has cheap rent, food, and movies, and the subway costs the same.
Or go on Starting Over.
http://www.startingovertv.com/

January 18, 2006 5:25 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

okay, the sugar dady idea...not so great, really, although i'm sure the married lawyer with the girlfriend on the side would be happy to fill the role.

crackers without stinky cheese- the thought is just way too depressing to even contemplate.

anonymous - i won't move from ny. this is home, and something i'm just not willing to give up. it may be the world's most expensive city, but its also the greatest city, and i'm totally hopelessly in love with it, abusive relationship though it may be. and i heard selling eggs is painful.

guess who, i pay less a month than you do. less space too, but i think i pay $100 less than you for an apartment the size of your kitchen. however space is not the current concern, money is. and you are so obsessed with that show! if you tape it, she will watch...

January 18, 2006 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But look, you have a choice. You don't have to be poor. If you want to live in NYC, then you have to make other sacrifices on clothes, eating out, drinking, or what job you have. You can't have it all. Where would you put it?

January 19, 2006 2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Synge-

Laurielou here...drinking some red wine, reading up on my favorite New Yorker....

1-No need to move...i moved from a lovely, slow, relaxing town with more art and intellect than even itself can acknowledge. i miss it with every fiber of my being...home is a colossal word. You chose to use it w/NYC.

2- Yes....time to embrace financial responsiblity. I am learning now that it is vital to do what you are "supposed to do"

3- Okay and last but not least, reading your previous posts....

Ms. Synge, need I remind you of how fabulous you are?
Do you remember your ability to hold court at Mia's....you had handsome resturatuers, lesbians and homeless men at your feet. You talked politics, religion, and art with a verbal and mental dexterity that held everyone near you spellbound. Take the girl out of the city...I don't know...for a "refresher" and look what occurs??

Remember....endless discussions over smigerettes and you good cooking? Only you, Synge....

Okay??? You are no lump....I know you know you are passionate, I know you know you are smart,

But above all....you are YOU and you will (as God as my witness) will find what or who you need to reaffirm what the rest of us already know. Continue on this journey my friend....

January 19, 2006 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lastly, the spelling mistakes in the previous post has only a tiny bit to do with the wine...

I have gotten fake nails recently and I cannot type...

My real nails looked like such shit... and I am secretly a redneck...or a Gwen Stefani fan....or both

January 19, 2006 9:25 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

You already know what my advice to you is going to be, don't you? Since you already have the Anna Nicole Smith-ish interest in the old geezers, it only makes sense that you should find yourself a rich one.

I don't think you should move, though. It seems like you've been much happier since you've moved to NYC. I think it's the right place for you.

But perhaps you are going to have to accept a permanent job. I hear that there will soon be an opening for a production assistant to a very prominent producer and his *ubercrunchy girlfriend.

*See first suggestion.

January 19, 2006 9:39 PM  
Blogger Swa said...

Seeing that my boss was that fireman who was recently run over by a charter bus during the transit strike and nearly lost his life, I highly wouldn't recommend it... at any cost.

Good Luck.

January 23, 2006 11:54 PM  
Blogger Ailyn said...

ouch! good luck..

January 25, 2006 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home