Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A Little Nookie For the Soul Beats Chicken Soup Any Day

I suppose I was a little premature in calling myself the first Jewish nun; it takes a much longer commitment to celibacy than 2 months or so, despite the feeling that two months can be an eternity. I'm not wired for celibacy of any length, as evidenced by the fact that I had sex just this morning and already feel like I have been wandering a desert for 40 years and am starved and painfully thirsty. But this post is not about celibacy...oh no, not at all. This post is about the glorious inspiring healing properties of sex.

Yes, my friends, nookie is good for the soul, with far greater healing properties than chicken soup, not to mention the list of ailments it cures is infintely longer.

I'm sure this is not news to you; this is not a new discovery for me. But I had forgotten exactly how fabulously regenerative its powers truly are. Especially when its good sex.

I got some good booty recently and I am a new woman. Here me roar (I'm sure they did for a 10 block radius..all 5 times).

I have a wonderful convenient arrangement with a very good friend who I adore as a person out of the sack as well. We have a friendship first and foremost and a longtime history of being lovers if the stars are aligned, we are in a situation where we are free to do so, and he is in my neck of the woods. I am not the world's biggest advocate of convenient arrangements, despite having had far more fuck buddies than relationships in my 30 years; it can far tooeasily be an unhealthy thing. But this is the one instance in my life where it has truly ever been a really good thing. He's a wonderful friend, and there are many times when we get together and spend time just as friends. I respect the hell out of Mr. FB and that respect is most definitely returned. But I would never ever want to actually date him or be in a relationship with him, at all. Not because he's not a great person, he is, but he's just not the person for me. He is however a perfect fuck buddy. We discuss everything from art and politics to personal growth to food and travel. We laugh a lot. And when we hit the matress...its hot. Very hot.

I didn't realize how much I needed this.

I still have perma-smile.

2 Comments:

Blogger Swa said...

Ah....Friends with benefits. If you get the perfect one who fits the bill without screwing it up, it's indeed a beautiful thing.

March 07, 2006 10:41 AM  
Blogger Ailyn said...

good for you!

March 20, 2006 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home