Monday, February 27, 2006

Where Am I? Who Am I? And What the Fuck Am I Supposed to be Doing Right Now?

I love working part-time for Lady Charon; its ultimately a far more relaxing environment than the full-time sdj, despite being a lot more work, a lot more difficult, and of course the fact that I can neither blog nor email my day away there. It is a safe haven, if you will, of encouragement, positivity, love and $5 an hour more than the shameful salary I make at the sdj.
The problem (and you knew damn well there was a problem in there somewhere or I wouldn't be blogging abuot this) lies in finding the balance between working enough hours at both jobs, still having a social life, and getting enough sleep so that I don't kill myself with fatigue as I"ve been known to do throughout many a period of my life. And historically speaking, out of all of these things, sleep is unfortunately the first to be abandoned, as I am an overly social creature by nature.
But I just ain't 19 years old anymore, and while 30 is still quite young, I do need more than 2 hours of sleep per night.
I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed at the moment and am probably pushing myself a bit hard but see no other possible course of action when the stupidity of massive credit card debt is thrown into the mix. I'm certainly paying the piper, and the price ain't cheap, folks.
And just wait, because starting tomorrow, another time eating monster is thrown into the mix; I start auditioning again. My goal for now is at least one audition a week, even if its a stupid EPA*.
Watch my amazing daredevil feats of schedule juggling in awe and wonder! Watch my head explode from trying to do it all...on $10 and 5 hours sleep a day! Step right up, ladies and gents, the carnival has begun!
(Bets will be taken starting tomorrow as to the amount of time before I have a nervous breakdown)
*EPA stands for huge fucking waste of time because we've already cast it and are just doing this because the actors' union makes us hold open auditions for the pathetic members who don't have agent representation and haven't bribed a casting director. Or Equity Principal Audition. Whichever definition you prefer; either way, about as productive as putting your wet finger in a light socket, and about as fun too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

I think you said it right there. Balance. We all need balance in our lives. Most importantly, sleep. I know for myself, if I don’t get enough hours of sleep, I get palpitations and fatigue. My anxiety increases and I crash at the end of the day.

Tackle one thing at a time and make sure that your stress levels are at a minimum. Ah—like I should be giving advice about anxiety and stress! (haha) I have anxiety attacks just resting watching T.V……

Anyway, good luck with juggling everything—and be good to yourself!

February 28, 2006 11:07 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

As someone who is not sleeping for a few weeks on end, I don't know how you do it. You take those stairs every time you come home and you walk all over creation, and I'm sorry but up at 8?!? What did you do with Synge?

We bought the plane tickets yesterday. We head to LA on April 3 and to NZ on April 4.

Love and miss you!
Jessica

February 28, 2006 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home