Monday, January 30, 2006

My Brain is Leaking Out Through My Nose and I Have to Pee

Jet lag has gotten the better of me...as has the inordinate amount of mucous currently being produced in my nasal cavities. While I know this sounds particularly lovely and oh-so-appetizing, I will spare you the sordid details; suffice it to say I am fairly miserable at the moment and my poor nose is raw and partially skinless. Its a good nose; it doesn't deserve this torture.

In a absolutely uncharacteristic streak of productivity, I have planned my upcoming 30th birthday festivities, eschewing the normal last minute scramble for an organized evite and reservations approach. While I am hoping that this kind of on-the-ball behavior will continue, I suspect it is merely a short lived reaction to the change o' decades. Mr. Artsy Hotpants chose this awesome restaraunt for the dinner with close friends and family portion of the evening, and even made the reservations for me after this restaurant wouldn't let me make a reservation for 12 people on a Saturday night. Then we will only have to walk a mere 3 blocks to get to where the $4 drinks portion of the evening, which will be held here. I'm actually incredibly excited about the whole thing, and already about 25 people are coming and I only sent the evite last friday! I usually find birthdays a bit disappointing, but this one seems to be shaping up to be the grand celebration it should be...and a good thing to, considering its my 30th...

I am sticking to my $10/day budget thus far, though it is proving far more difficult in practice than theory. I am feeling quite proud of myself though - proud that I am making the necessary changes in my lifestyle (including a clumsy attempt at mornings) to take responsibility for my own messes and try to deal with them as an adult. Of course, it hasn't been very long, considering the time spent in Paris doesn't really count. Still, I have been trying and am learning, and that's what counts.

I feel like I'm making changes all around, and in this newfound restructuring of my life somehow boy craziness and obsessing about becoming that weird old lady with a million cats has gone blessedly by the wayside. I am too busy trying to become the new organized and motivated me to worry about what someone else thinks, and this is an ideal seat for me to be sitting in right now. I like the view from here. Its expansive, limitless, and full of possibility.

In my doped up on allergy meds haze that I am currently in, coherent writing seems to be thoroughly out of the question so I believe I'll go back to copious drooling while staring blankly at the meaningless numbers and letters facing me on the computer screen. The fun just never ends 'round here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

i adore you! that private little joke put a much needed smile on my snotty face!

January 31, 2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

That may be a private joke, but it made me laugh.

I hope you are feeling better real soon.

I bet you are going to have an unforgettable birthday. I wish I could be there.

February 02, 2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger laura said...

what fabulous birthday plans! i hope it's wonderful. 30 was the best adult birthday for me; i had been dreading it, and then when i woke up on my birthday, i felt like a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders. 30 really set me free to be my own person and from feeling like i needed to compete with anyone else or meet anyone else's expectations. i hope 30 brings you wonderful things, too!

February 05, 2006 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home