Thursday, April 13, 2006

Revenge of the Loft Bed


I sleep in a loft bed in my uber cluttered apartment, to create the illusion of more space and allow for a tiny one person 1/2 futon that I sometimes can call a couch...if I'm really drunk or something. So being the tiny cluttered apartment that it is, the side bars which I climb up and down to get into and out of bed are about two feet from a shelving unit thingy (that's the catalogue term, I think), which I sometimes brace against to get up and down with more ease. For some unknown reason, when I woke up at 7:45am this morning, having to pee desperately, in my half sleep exhausted state (I hadn't slept well at all), I for some reason decided it was a fabulous idea to climb down the shelves instead. Or I couldn't tell the difference...who knows. The point is that both the contents of the shelving thingy and my oh so graceful person went crashing to the ground cutting a gigantic though not too horrendously deep gash in the ball of my left foot right under the big toe. Needless to say, this is not a practical place to have a large chunk of flesh dangling half off, as its REALLY FUCKING PAINFUL!!!! I am probably being a whiny baby, but it hurts to walk, stand, and even just sit here with it propped up...and we all know New York is such a great place to be when experiencing any discomfort walking or standing.

What a stupid way to injure yourself....almost as stupid as telling everyone exactly how it happened.

Did I mention this FUCKING HURTS?? AHHHHH!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

sorry about the foot. neosporin with pain relief. ibuprofen. hope you feel better soon. not a good place to hobble, like you said. thanks for checking out our arrival blog. this week is a blur. miss you!

April 13, 2006 4:46 PM  
Blogger CHANTEUSE said...

oh baby, i am so sorry! i hope you took proper care of your wound, and i hope it heals soon!

see, now if you lived in Chicago you could afford a bigger apartment and therefore get rid of the loft, avoiding any future run-ins with the shelving unit thingy. i'm just sayin'....

April 13, 2006 6:40 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

chanteuse - the campaign has been stepped up, i see...eliza wants me to move to astoria, SL2000 wants me to move to brooklyn, and you want me to move to chicago. i myself don't want to haul my shit down 5 flights of stairs.

April 14, 2006 11:43 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

Colorado is nice ;) hahaha

Lack of city excitement, even in Denver, would probably bore you.

I hope you heal quickly

April 16, 2006 3:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TO HELL WITH ALL!!! MOVE TO FLORIDA DO EQUITY WORK AT FLORIDA REP...MOVE IN NEXT DOOR TO ME AND BE MY SALVATION...WHILE IN TURN I WILL BE YOURS...HOW? IAM NOT SURE...WE'LL DO STOP KISS AND SHOCK THE SHIT OUT OF THE BLUE HAIRS...GO TO THE BEACH, CANOE, HIKE, AND DRIVE TO MIAMI WHEN WE NEED A DOSE OF GOOD OLD FASHIONED CITY SHIT.

SORRY ABOUT YOUR FOOT...I SAW A LADY YESTERDAY ON WHAT LOOKED LIKE A SCOOTER/CRUTCH CONTRAPTTION..IT WAS AWESOME. IF YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE WOULD ALLOW IT, YOU NEED ONE OF THOSE. A CRUTCH YOU KNEEL ON AND ROLL...HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE??

April 18, 2006 2:34 PM  
Blogger Le Synge Bleu said...

health insurance? what is that?

mmmm....canoeing....hiking...

jon - denver and the surrounding area isn't boring at all - there are these really big wonderful mountains there. i actually once almost moved to denver but thta was totally because of the song rocky mountain high (yes, i am a closet john denver fan, i admit it ok?). i am also clearly easily influenced.

i was looking on craigslist at apartments in astoria and brooklyn and even though mine is tiny, it really is a ghgood deal so for now i'm staying put.

April 19, 2006 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home