Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin Alive, Stayin Alive

Okay, both Maman and I are still alive, albeit both exhausted and semi-coherent at best. I realize how unfair it is to have left what very few people are still checking in dangling mercilessly, especially considering the uncertainty of the situation, medically speaking. Unfortunately, I don't really have time at this precise second to write a whole update, I just wanted to let you know that a real post is coming soon....I am in creative outlet withdrawal, so I need to get back on the blogging horse asap, its just a question of making the time and finding the energy in between dividing a life completely in half between two cities, cultivating a relationship and home with the man I love (yeah, the whole moving in news got a little lost in cancerland), working two jobs and constantly trying to make up for the many hours missed while with Maman, and fighting valiantly to retain some shred of sanity and dignity amidst it all. I am still here, staying alive but no dancing queen. Hopefully the quest for balance will bear a little fruit soon...that or I will collapse completely (not that I haven't many a time already - The Wild Boar is a wild saint, to say the least). But for now, I cannot collapse as I have a humoungous stack of work in front of me, a party (thath I completely forgot about but cannot under any circumstances miss) for Mr. Artsy Hotpant's life transition into law school to go to shortly, and have stumbled into some sort of energy quicksand causing me to yawn every 10 seconds and slide further under my desk with every passing second. Muuuust goooo naaaapp noooowww....

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss u Synge...and we had just tried to "reconnect" (but really are we ever REALLY disconnected in spirit?)

Okay, so now I must know more about WB!!!! Remember sitting on my couch reading disjointed poetry about love and drinking red wine??? How far away that seems and it was less than 2 years ago!!

Love u-
kiss ur mommy for me

August 09, 2006 8:05 PM  
Blogger mim said...

bisous, synge...take care of yourself. for real. abracios per WB. thinking of u every day.

August 09, 2006 8:39 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Hi Hon,
I'm thinking about you every day. I got your message the other day, but I got it the day after the party...so that's why I didn't come. :( Hang in there, and you know you can always call or come over if you need to talk. Hugs.

August 10, 2006 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Sorry I got your meassage late about the party. I miss you sooo much and think about you all the time. Call me whenever you can. I am still here and I would love to talk to you about lots of stuff. XOXO

August 10, 2006 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh....thank you my sweet SGF! You and Maman are in my thoughts and prayers and heavy on my heart. I love you.
GBF

August 11, 2006 2:55 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Glad to hear news and see that you are stillhanging in there. I think of you and your mom so often. Hope treatment is going well.

August 11, 2006 5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad that you and your mom are still standing ("better than I ever did - looking like a true survivor - feeling like a little kid"); that things are going well with WB; that you found a new roommate! Miss you desperately.

August 14, 2006 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home