Monday, August 28, 2006

I'll Fly Away, Oh Glory, I'll Fly Away

Jet Blue is having an unbelievable deal on tickets to the Carribean right now. I just looked it up for shits and giggles (which is an odd phrase when you think about it...as if those two things belong together in any way...), and well perhaps this internet foray into airline prices just might have been preempted by a comment from WB. The comment just may have allegedly been something along the lines of waiting to go home to Puerto Rico to visit his parents until the two of us can go together, rather than going with his brother in October.

And now this deal is pretty damn good...perhaps too good to pass up...$79 each way....hmmmm.

Am I ready to meet his parents? I already communicate with them via mail fairly frequently, and even recently sent a whole postcard in Spanish (which I am currently making an ass of myself learning, as his mother speaks no English whatsoever)...but, well, meeting them is a whole different story, not mention right now it takes a good 30 minutes for me to complete a simple haltingly spoken and gramatically bastardized solitary sentence.

Do I want to go? Yes. Absolutely. Si, quiero ir - me gusta mucho. Am I afraid? Abso-fuckin-lutely. Its hard enough to make a good impression when you speak the same language...but this? I've certainly got some tough odds stacked against me here. Hopefully my undeniable charm (read immaturity) will get me through.

Not that any of this is a done deal, mind you...WB has to think about it, and figure out if he's ready to introduce me. Saying it in theory and being faced with a potential reality are two very different things. I did already meet his brother, who in a very weird stroke of coincidence happens to live in the same city I grew up in, where my parents still live...where we are every other weekend (not that the brother knows that..). His brother also happens to have the same name as WB, as does his father who evidently wanted immortality one way or another...which is incredibly confusing, to say the least, but that's a whole other story.

Now, its time to go home.

I'm just trying to keep up with this blog, even if its a tiny blurb; it was left out in the sun to spoil for far too long and I'm trying to rejuvinate it with sunlight, water, and a little Mozart.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

OMG meeting the folks!!!! DON'T DO IT!

I kid. Go for it

August 28, 2006 10:45 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

¡Te falto!

Which, if google's translator has steered me right, means I miss you! If google is wrong it could mean Donkey goggle!

August 30, 2006 3:35 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Synge,
I can't find your new e-mail address. Mail me, please, so I can have it. I wanted to know if you guys are going to be in town the weekend of the 15th-16th.
Roxanne

August 30, 2006 7:39 AM  
Blogger Tia said...

I stopped here by the way of J. And then when I saw 'skydiving' in your profile, well, then I just HAD to visit.

Just think, meeting the parents could be just like "Meet the Fockers" - but in spanish! Now that would definitely make a good story - so have fun!

Hyvää matkaa! That´s finnish, and it does not mean Donkey goggle. .. Cause you sound like you need a third language to confuse you right now! =)

August 30, 2006 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home