Friday, August 25, 2006

Maman, Ghandi, or Ben Kingsley? You Decide...

A beautiful longtime family friend (whom we've known since I was 3 and who is always part of our crazy Passover traditions with My Little Vidipookikins' family and my family) just got back from a trip to the Buddhist monastaries in northern India, and brought back this scarf for Maman, which was blessed by a Buddhist Llama. I think it makes her look like a Buddhist Nun...wise, peaceful, and in the moment.I prefer to think of her this way, than kind of confused and sometimes miserably sick. She does have a certain grace to her in this picture (taken about a month ago ? By Mim).

And I personally think she looks gorgeous bald!

2 Comments:

Blogger mim said...

When I was sitting across from Maman, while she was listening to our friend, she looked like a Buddhist nun to me. She looked wise and peaceful. I was happy the camera was available. I'm happy that we can all share in the beauty of Maman.

August 25, 2006 11:01 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Maman looks luminous. Thank you for the picture!

August 28, 2006 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home