Thursday, September 07, 2006

Tiny Pockets of Life Sustaining Manna

Evidently my newfound motivation to keep up with this blog lasted a whole 2 posts. Wow...that just may be a personal record these days.

Just got back (Tuesday at almost midnight...thank you sooo much Continental airlines for your unfailing punctuality) from Maman's and my mind and body are stil in that weird transition state - the weeks that are divided like this are always the hardest, as its impossible to feel fully present in either place. Its the floater week, where I float in an exhausted state of perma-limbo. I am a real nowhere-woman, sitting in my nowhere land, making lots of nowhere plans for nobody because I can't exactly make advanced plans at the moment.

I did, however, in a life saving move, make plans for the next two weekends. Yup - read em and weep...a blessed two weekends in the city! Who'd have ever thought that the girl who loved perpetual motion would be thrilled at two weekends in the same place?

Why am I forsaking my filial obligations for a blessed 2 weeks, you ask? (in reality you are more likely questioning my use of filial obligation than the forsaking of it..) Because I got cast in an independent short film which will be shooting in four 14 hour grueling days of blissful work. Yes...work! WORK!!! I am being an actor for the next two weekends, something I not only have missed, but also need like food and water and oxygen.

And its my little bucket of salvation to drink and stave off dehydration while traversing what Lady Charon calls the path to burnout land.

Apologies for the short post - I wanted to get at least something up, but am almost on my way out of the office. WB and I are celebrating our "monthary" tonight - I've got a hot date with the man I love and an excuse to celebrate. We take full advantage of the little moments like this nowadays - a tiny pocket of calm for just us.

And cancer is NOT invited to the party tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home