Tuesday, March 01, 2005

A Little New York-ed Moment For You

this is an audio post - click to play


Why I love this city: surprise Asian bands parading in costumes. I thought you might enjoy a little snippet. I have to confess my pathetic failure on the multiculturalism front; the band was actually Japanese. I was just going with what some other innocuous spectator told me; I was wrong. Note to self- read printed material before opening big fat mouth.

I then went to the Sixth Street Community Center to pick up my veggies and spent forever talking to the amazing people there. I told them all about The Vagina Monologues, and they're all super supportive and planning on coming out to see it. It's such a wonderful open environment there, and the two people that run it are so sweet; they've been very interested in following my court case and my career; they're activists themselves...food activists campaigning against genetically engineered food. I love my veggie people!

Now I'm at Abar (not it's real name), having my weekly blogging session with My little Vidipookikins. The Other doorman, Mr. Guarded Illumination, came over to talk to me and kind of almost asked me out. It was very odd; he said I smelled good (to which I gave my standard reply of "It's amazing what a little soap and water can do when I remember to use it") and then started to say something else but stopped himself. I inquired what he was purposely omitting, and he said he wanted to ask me something but had to talk it over with Mr. Mama's Tatoo of All Trades first. I said "Why?" and He replied that it was because we had gone out, because we had dated for a while. For a while? Where was I? The last time I checked, Mr. Mama's Tatoo of All Trades and I had one date, slept together, and then he freaked out and disappearred despite his assertions that he wanted to get to know me and was infatuated with me. Excuse me, but how the hell does this translate into dating? I'm lost here. But I laughed and made some sort of joke and decided that I wouldn't mind going out on a date with Mr. Guarded Illumination at all; he seems quite intelligent, he's an artist, he's funny, he has these amazing huge warm eyes you can go swimming in, and I like the way he listens intently. But I do have to wonder - what's up with the Abar (not its real name) boys asking me out? My Little Vidipookikins said I'm not allowed to go out with anyone else employed here, because its a place we like to frequent far too often.

I think it must be the librarian looking glasses perched precariously and quite dorkily on the end of my nose. That and my amazing ability to spill whatever I'm eating or drinking right down the front of my shirt. Nothing sexier.

2 Comments:

Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

I don't understand why, but it does seem guys find those traits sexy.

It's great that we got to hear the Chinese Band. Quite an experience =)

March 02, 2005 2:41 AM  
Blogger Swa said...

I agree....not sure why but I usually find librarian glasses rather sexy too. I'll have to get back to you about the dribbling-down-the-shirt-thing though.

March 02, 2005 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home