Saturday, March 05, 2005

On the Run

this is an audio post - click to play

I'm knocking over old ladies and small children in my mad hurried dash to get home while posting an audioblog to keep you updated on my hectic busy day; now that's multitasking with love.

We had a wonderful meeting for the Vagina Monologues and now I am incredibly excited but overwhelmed with all that must be done. Our company is officially called Mighty Yawp Productions, and we now have a non-profit umbrella through which we can funnel tax deductible donations (which means I have to write a fundraising letter to be ready to send out by Wednesday...yikes!) My Little Vidipookikins' incredibly talented brother, The Crazy Pirate, is going to do the postcard design, which is a huge stroke of good fortune as he's a phenomenal artist who does design work for a lot of theatres. When I called him to beg for his help, his response was "of course, you're family." How lucky am I to have such a great extended "family" (even if he wouldn't ride the cyclone with me at Coney Island last summer)?

We went to see the space where we will definitely be doing it; the infamous Southpaw in Brooklyn, which is a very well known music club that was rated one of the top 5 venues in all of New York City by Time Out NY. I absolutely love the place! As its a V-Day event, we're working on making it much more than just a show; we're hopefully going to have bands after and possibly before the play. We're also looking to get plastic inflatable couches donated for the seating, which we well then paint in whatever vagina themed way we choose, along with any and all fucky creative womyn we can find to help out. I'm excited about all of our ideas and although we definitely disagree on some artistic approaches to the actual play (which will be the directors job to have a vision of anyway), I love the womyn I'm working with.

The creativity flowed, as did the wine, and we are off and running at hyper speed.

1 Comments:

Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

It is exciting, Synge =) =)
I hope you post pictures of the plastic couches when you make them, I bet they will be hilarious.

March 07, 2005 3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home